Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

wave world

Jan 16, 2012 6:35 PM

Is there a way to get wave world to apply to a video. I have put the effect on a layer with video, but when I do that all I see is a grid with the wave.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2012 10:46 PM   in reply to Rama1234ish

Wave world is a rather complex program used to generate caustics effects. There's a basic how to in the help files. You can find more information by simply typing wave world in the AE search field right inside the program. You'll get a bunch of info. I suggest you start there.

Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 10.41.10 PM.png

FYI, this is starting into intermediate to advanced AE usage. Make sure you understand most of the basics. After you've goine through the info in the links, if you're still having problems let us know.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 8:02 AM   in reply to Rama1234ish

Rama1234ish wrote:

Is there a way to get wave world to apply to a video. I have put the effect on a layer with video, but when I do that all I see is a grid with the wave.

In addition to Rick's sage advice, Wave World is a first-layer generator that produces a grayscale movie that is then used to drive pixel offsets in another filter like Colorama, Compound Blur, or some of the compound Distortion effects. It does nothing by itself except create an interesting movie. The advanced functions ar astounding, though, such as being able to apply a motion path for the origin point so you can write a name in water or molten lava. Very cool.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to bogiesan

In addition to what Rick and Bogiesan said, here is a fun tutorial using Wave World.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points