Exit

[Live Streaming ] Caching on Edges

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2011 Dec 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have some questions on Edge/Origin with Live Streaming :

1- Would live streaming content (not vod) be cached on Edges ? , so that quality of streaming will be better....

2- i'm using 1 Origin server + 2 edges, i've put the following config on my edge Vhost.xml servers

<CacheDir enabled="true" useAppName="true">

<Path>/cache/mydir/</Path>

<MaxSize>64</MaxSize>

</CacheDir>

is that a good configuration for caching ?

3- Actually, streaming is working when i put each edge as rtmp link on my jw player, i look forward to set up an load balancer between those 2 edges. is there an step by step guide for that ?, i have found here some links

but , don't know what to choose and didn't find step by step guide for those load balancing methods ....

4-i've found also some docs talking about round robin method, how to set up it ?

5-if i chain my 2 edge servers like this : rtmp://edge1/?rtmp://edge2/?rtmp://origin/app/inst , would that improve the quality of streaming ?

Kind Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Will origin/edge  enable me to save bandwith used on the origin on live streaming , or should i choose other method (like MPP...)

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though in terms of bandwidth save both must be equally good.. but I still recommend solutions like MPP, DVRCast or LiveCast because in that case both the servers have origin capabilties.. intermediate servers can act as origin as well as edge for different applications or streams etc.. while in case of edge-orign topology, edge servers act as just caching severs..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanky you for your reply,

is there any guide / docs for LiveCast topology set up ?

Regards, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may get more info at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/tool_downloads/ about Livestreamcast application ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

on Livestreamcast application, "this Origin FMS application receives the video stream from the publisher and distributes the data to multiple  Edge Nodes", is that mean that all streaming will be republished to all edges Nodes, so that Bandwidh on the Origin server will be saved ....

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge Node act as proxy in that case for the origin on which stream is being published.. you may configure edge to acts as proxy for what all origins.. So a Edge node may be connected to multiple Origins as well as a origin may be serving to multiple Edge.

So basically you edge node is acting for the end-user as if actual stream is being published on the edge.. So if you want to serve a event geographically and have two servers one in California and other in New Delhi.. And a event is being published at California's one.. you may configure New-Delhi's one as Edge to the Cal's one so that Indian's susbscribers can get feed from New-Delhi's one for quick response..

So not just saving bandwidth, its solving the purpose of scaling..

Well I don't remember correctly.. but I guess its not republished, instead edge node pull the stream, if a subscriber comes to it.. Subsequent susbscribes may get it from Edge-node cache... May be I have refresh my knowledge on this after consulting applications again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, i have successfully set the livestreamcast topology, now, i need to protect my stream, i've tried the SWF and HTML verification with failure !

how can i set up SWF and HTML verification on both Origin and Edges with livestreamcast topology ?

Regards,

Morsi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to configure the SWF verfication at the node which has the direct connection to the client.. There is no difference from the normal SWF verification. Can you verify that if you connect to Origin server directly from your swf to another application than the livecast.. Is your swf  get verified..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to protect also the Origin server from direct connection to the client , so that, clients will be able only to publish on it ....

could you plz send me the HTML/SWF verification  script to integrate on main.asc of both Origin and Edges

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I need some help.

I want to configure live streaming cache, I have tried it with varnish but it has some bugs with live streaming.

I saw your discussion int this topic : http://forums.adobe.com/message/4105484?tstart=0

I need any informationto help me.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines