Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Converter for Mac

Nov 3, 2011 4:37 AM

Very pleased when Cp made it through to the Mac platform.

Very happy about the development of an HTML5 converter for Cp output.

Less than thrilled it appears to be only for the Windows platform.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 3, 2011 5:04 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

I'd love to see this, too. I just bought 5.5 for mac, and it's a big improvement. I'm quite interested in seeing the HTML5 converter make it to the mac platform as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2011 7:17 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

I would like to get more information about when a Mac version will be released. I'm in the process of making eLeaning modules for the company I work fo. We need to convert them so they will work on mobile devices like the iPad and it sounds like your making improvments on the coverter every day but still no news on when you'll get it over to the Mac version. Really would like it for the Mac version ASAP.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2011 11:46 AM   in reply to kakarot1657

Add me to the list that prefers a Mac verion of the html5 converter. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 23, 2011 4:04 PM   in reply to tonyharmer

Me too....need a mac version.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2011 2:33 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

Other... Me too

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2011 3:43 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

Yes please, we need one. Just bought 5.5 for Mac partially because I thought there WAS a converter already.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2011 1:20 PM   in reply to tonyharmer

Am also waiting to upgrade to 5.5 until there is an HTML 5 converter for MAC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

Yes please, it's funny that the converter doesn't exist for mac platform because html5 is mostly mac and iOS issue. Please reveal the convertor for mac with all the features like interactive buttons, insert text etc. Thank You so much

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 3:38 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

Yet another +1 from me as mac main machine unfortunatly desktop is windows but only have mac liscence for cap 5.5 so cant use the converter as you need to have it installed on the windows machine too.

Anychance of posting the issues as to why not a simply release and perhaps the community could contribute on conversion?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

And with Apple giving away it's iPad textbook app this is becoming even more important. Captivate is great, but if I can't export in a format that iPads can read then the audience for my Captivate work is becoming limited.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to Pasha Souvorin

I agree. I will not be using Captivate for my Mobile development. There are so many new and free or low-cost tools for html 5 development. There are also more iPads at work than Android at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2012 10:38 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

Mac version please. >:(

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2012 10:26 AM   in reply to seagulldesigner

yes MAC version please-how many people need to use this unless they use MAC - ipad ,iphone, and very likeley mac computers for production adn pretesting of the output.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to tonyharmer

I've been unable to find an app that compares to Captivate 5.5 for creating interactive quizzes. Our organization has generated a TON of them in the last year, and while the Windows Converter is a less-than-desireable-but-still-viable option to convert them, it doesn't support matching questions, which comprises more than 25% of our quiz content.

Yes to a Mac version of the converter (please), with extra emphasis on a further expansion of question-conversion capability...!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2012 6:39 PM   in reply to tonyharmer

Dear Adobe: Please provide some feedback regarding Mac availability of the HTML5 converter! Purchased Captivate 5.5 "with Mac support" and "New! HTML5 converter" only to find out that the Mac version doesn't include the HTML5 converter. Not good Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 2:01 AM   in reply to tonyharmer

Find it hard to believe no converter for Mac.  We have a strong need here to convert Captivate documents/sessions into Ipad applications.  Would be great if that all came to us in Captivate 6 (for Mac!!!!!!!).

Richard

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 5:04 PM   in reply to tonyharmer

I agree +1 for me.  I have Captivate both for Windows and Mac and after getting the Mac version I haven't touched the Windows version since.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to kholladay

We're relatively new to Captivate and I have a feeling it was available on Windows machines long before it was available on Mac.  And I wonder if that's why the HTML converter is only available on Windows.  But, what we do have is a very strong demand to release our e-learning courses as Ipad apps on Itune and I hope that Adobe will make that a simple process in CS6.  Would be great if someone at Adobe would let us know what plans they have for ITunes publishing of Captivate lessons.  This really is a very big deal for us.

Richard

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points