Skip navigation
williamrd22
Currently Being Moderated

unable to paste from clipboard into PDF document

Jan 20, 2012 11:27 AM

Tags: #acrobat #paste #clipboard

Recently Adobe updated my Acrobat to 10.1.2.45. Now I'm unable to past images from clipboard into a pdf document. For example, using another windows program I might copy an image to the Windows clipboard, open up a pdf document, and click on the Edit menu expecting to be able to select Paste and paste the image from the windows clipboard onto a page in the PDF document. However, Paste is faded out in the Edit menu and is unselectable. I was doing this about 10 times a day and now that feature is unavailable to me. CTL-V also does not work.

Replies
  • JR_Boulay
    481 posts
    Nov 23, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 22, 2012 4:31 AM   in reply to williamrd22

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 5, 2012 8:44 PM   in reply to williamrd22

Hi William,

Thanks for reporting the issue, we have been able to get a consistent way to reproduce the problem and are working on a fix.

Meanwhile there is a workaround which you might find helpful:

Before you paste, just open the comments panel on the right and close it. You need to do this just once per Reader session,

-abhigyan

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2012 4:38 AM   in reply to AbhigyanModi

Hi abhigyan,

This workaround did not work form me. What did work for me was to paste it to Word then copy from Word to PDF.

Regards,

nldijkje

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to nldijkje

Hi William,

Not sure if you have had a resolution.

This might work for you. After you copied the image to clipboard, go to acrobat document and select toos on the menu bar --> Comments & mark up --> Stamps --> paste clipboard image as stamp tool. Then you click on the place you want to paste your clipboard image. You can also resize it to the size you want.

Hope this could help,

Sahatchai

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points