Skip navigation
Patrick Baldwin
Currently Being Moderated

Latest DNG converter hanging

Dec 16, 2011 11:23 AM

Since I updated to 6.6 the conversion process on Nikon D700 NEFS is hanging after about 4 conversions. This has never happened before. Running 10.5.8. Has anybody else come across this. A computer restart didn't help. Any ideas?

Regards. Patrick.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Patrick Baldwin

I have the same issue.  Mac. Converting CR2 and Samsung Raw Files.  Running 10.7.2 software.  Both MacBook Pro and Mac Mini.  Send error file to Apple report several times. Downgraded to version 6.5 and it is now working on the same MacBook and Mini that 6.6 failed on repeatedly.

Craig

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to Patrick Baldwin

The new V4 profiles contain some information that the current profile editor does not understand. There will be a new DNG standard. Eric Chan has posted on a blog that there will be an updated version of the profile editor

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2012 9:49 PM   in reply to Patrick Baldwin

6.6 was hanging for me also, so I downgraded to 6.5 but am having the same problem.  I've tried converting the same set of RAW files three times, but each time DNG Converter gets partway done and then locks up *tight*.  I can't even reboot the machine without a hard reset.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 9:54 AM   in reply to jwwiegley

Identical problem for me using DNG Converter 6.6. Has anyone resolved this issue?

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to kitjv

If your whole machine freezes, you have to look for a hardware problem.  No application can lock up the entire computer by itself.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 3:37 PM   in reply to station_one

For me, just the DNG Converter app freezes.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 6:36 PM   in reply to Patrick Baldwin

EDIT: Never mind, v7.1 seems to have fixed it.  Will update if the problem persists.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points