Skip navigation
Central28
Currently Being Moderated

Multiple Selection multi-line per choice

Jan 23, 2012 9:00 PM

Tags: #html #bug #layout #multiple_selection

I have a bunch of multiple selection items which are all the same, so I copied and pasted them where I wanted them. The pasted ones are taking up two to three lines per choice (one word per line) even though they are very short and the original that I copied from only takes one line each. Does this mean I have to do each one manually? Why are the copied ones different from the original? Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2012 11:55 AM   in reply to Central28

Hi,

It sounds like a bug, since this shouldn't be happening.  However I tried to reproduce the problem, but couldn't.  It's probably a bug, that specific to your choices labels.  Could you share your form to me (trein@adobe.com), so I can take a look at the specifics?  Once I can see it, I can provide some guidance about the issue and how to work around it (if posisble) until we've fixed it.  You can share a form by clicking the share button, and then clicking add collaborators.

Thanks,

Todd

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2012 12:02 PM   in reply to Todd Rein

Thanks for sharing the form.  It looks like the issue only shows in the HTML fillable form, and not in the authoring environment.  Can you confirm that's what you are seeing?  I research this and get back to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2012 12:07 PM   in reply to Central28

I'm able to reproduce the problem, and we'll fix it.  But fixes take a while to get through our engineering and release process (i.e. 1 to 2 months).  For now the work around is to add a blank choice to the copied multi-select field, and then delete the newly added blank choice.  That seems to cause some change that eliminates the issue.  Let me know if that works for you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points