Skip navigation
Don26812
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Get Tutorial Builder to Work

Jan 19, 2012 5:19 PM

Tags: #builder #tutorial

Hi,

I am running CS5 on a 64-bit Windows 7 PC. I think I have followed all of the instructions properly, but I do not see Tutoorial Builder in the Extensions dropdown menu.

Here is what I did.

1. I downloaded both the Tutorial Builder Vers. Preview 2 and the Tutorial Player

2. I copied the scriptlistener.8li file from the scripting/utilities folder to the Adobe Photoshop/CS5/Plug-ins/Automate folder for the 64-bit CS5 program. The instructions read install and activate the scriptlistener plug-in. Have I activated it in this step with the copy process?

3. I double clicked on the unzipped Tutorial Extension file I downloaded. The CS5 AEM ran and seemed to install the Tutorial Builder in both CS5 64-bit and CS5 32-bit.

4. I double clicked on the downloaded Player AIR file and it appeared to install ok.

5. I restarted CS5 64-bit program, but the Tutorial Builder is not listed under Windows > Extensions.

I tried to redo the appropriate steps for the 32-bit version of CS5 with the same results.

I then deleted the scriptlistener.8li file from Automate folder as suggested.

What have I missed or what did I do wrong?

BTW I had to look on different links to put the above instructions together. I would be nice if all of the steps including those on how to handle the scriptlistener were in one spot. I have never done this sort of thing in CS5.

TIA

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to Don26812

In the former post you told that you

deleted the scriptlistener.8li file from Automate folder as suggested.

Just make sure scriptlistener.8li is in the "plugin" or "automate" Folder.

If its there and everything worked until here, you should have a file named ScriptingListenerJS.log on your desktop. You just might check if its there or opening it with a text-editor (notepad or similar) and post its content here.

ps

and whatever you install make sure you run it as Administrator.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to Don26812

I can see two things that need resolving as the software is "as is" when you uninstall the product it leave an "MXI" file still on the system. First uninstall Tutorial builder & Adobe Air Via the control panel, then Go To

C:\program Files\Adobe\photoshop CS5\ and look for TutorialBuilder.mxi and delete

Check that you have  in C:\program Files\Adobe\photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Automate\Scriptlistener.8LI still in the file if not copy an recreate

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points