Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Numbering and Bullets

Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is an easy question and I am just an idiot for not fiquering it out on my own...

I am creating a CBT with Caprivate 5. When using Bullets or Numbering, I can not continue with the sequence on the next slide.

Example...

(Slide 1)

Types of Fish

1. Salt Water

A. White Meat

i. Cod

ii. Cusk

iii. Summer Flounder

B. Light Meat

i. Smelt

ii. Whiting

iii. Grouper

(Slide 2)

Types of Fish (cont)

C. Dark Meat

i. Eel

ii. Carp

iii. Pollock

Problem is slide 2 starts over as A instead of C.

Types of Fish (cont)

A. Dark Meat

i. Eel

ii. Carp

iii. Pollock

Anyone know what to do as I am manually fixing the numbering and it throws off the flow.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these lists are on separate captions, let alone separate slides, Captivate would naturally assume that they don't belong to the same list order.

Your method of hardcoding in the numbering is the only way I know to do it.

Once you've set up the numbering though, it should look fine.  It's only a bit of extra work when creating the content, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2000 slides and counting. 20 more projects to go. It seems as if this would be a common occurance and have some shortcut key to continue formating on the next page. It just makes for slow progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do the numbering in Word then copy and paste into Captivate. I haven't checked that though.

But why do you want to format your content this way? What benefit are you trying to achieve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work bings the numbering over and I then need to tab into place. This helps a little for futre projects. Thanks.

To answer your question. I am pulling from a powerpoint presentation and want to start fresh and not import. Import only brings in a picture of the screen and is blurry so I am retyping everything or copying and pasting. The power point refernces so legal material that extends between 5-20 pages and lists and bullets everything. The continuation on the new page(or 19 pages after) start over at 1 instead of continuing the format or numbering from the previous page. It would seem that this is something that would happen often and you should be able to start the numbering on the new page at whatever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's a start. I'm not sure I can think of a better way to get content like that in to Captivate.

On the wider issue, I don't want to start second guessing your choices for the delivery methods for your courses, but are you sure Captivate or even elearning is the best method for this content?

elearning generally doesn't really work that well for that kind of large scale information. My preference would be a good old pdf or html help document.

If you're using Captivate because you need to test you could always put the information in the pdf and just have the quiz in Captivate.

I'm not criticising your choice by the way; I don't know the background about the project. Just offering a different perspective

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thank you for your comments. This is the very beggining of a large CBT project. The first section involves reading material and different sections for manuals.Captivate was declared the best tool to use for this project. Not all the courses contain this type of material and most will have several interactive parts. It was all original done in Authorware. Unfortunately, it was getting to time consuming trying to troubleshoot browser compatability issues and a change needed to be made. I do appreciate everyones comments and hope that i can be of help as I learn the product more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources