In InDesign CS5 Debug version, when my plugin loads I get numerous asserts as follows:
ObjectModel ID kTextStoryBoss is multiply defined by plugin 0x201 & plugin 0x40300
ObjectModel ID kVOSTextObjectBoss is multiply defined by plugin 0x40300 & plugin 0x201
ObjectModel ID kAttrBossListBoss is multiply defined by plugin 0x201 & plugin 0x40300
ObjectModel ID kCopyOneStyleCmdBoss is multiply defined by plugin 0x201 & plugin 0x40300
My plugin ID is 0x40300 and the plugin ID 0x201, I believe, is of InDesign's Text plugin.
I have not defined kTextStoryBoss, etc., in my plugin. It seems IDs are clashing. I tried using the ID generated by DollyX.
Still the same problem. Can anyone point me what could cause such asserts? Or how can I fix this?
These are some points that you need to check to get the cause of your problem
1. Check whether in your id.h file you have used the correct prefix for defining the class id & implementation ids.
2. Try commenting out the decleration of class ids and implementation ids from the id.h and see if it removes the error, this way we could get to the declerations that are actually causing the problem.
3. Use a plugin ID obtained for Adobe, or for testing purposes you could use the plugin id of any of your previous plugins that worked fine to look if it resolves the problem.
4. Search your project for any use of "0x201" or the inclusion of "TextID.h"(mainly in your id.h) or the macro kTextPrefix.
5. The plugin ID generated by DollyX is not guaranteed to be unique, because generally it shows the id that it generated previously which is basically set by you. So again it's as good as using a random id by urself. So the best bet is to get an ID obtained from Adobe.
Hope this helps you to find a solution.
Thanks to Manan's hints, I found that I had some includes in my ID.h file that should have been in the .fr file. In my case it was GraphicsID.h and kOffscreenViewPortBoss, etc. When I moved them, it fixed the define problem.
Europe, Middle East and Africa