• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"movie not loaded" problem Flash 11.1.102.55 (IE9 32&64 & Chrome) on all websites

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to get the Flash Player 11.1.102.55 working under Windows7/64 on my desktop on any website including Adobe's.  I get a blank window, and when I R-click get the greyed msg "movie not loaded" and the ver number of Flash.   I have uninstalled it using 'uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe' and cleaned the registry and installed it, over and over, cleared all browser history, cookies and cache.  Reinstalled browsers.  The only way I can sometimes get it to work is to change the URL to httpS instead of http.  This works on youtube and on adobe site, but not very many other sites as they wont reply to https.  Tried a older ver 10 of Flash, no difference.  I do not have this problem on my Windows7/64 laptop running through same network connection here at home.  Any ideas would be much appreciated!  I have been fighting this problem for many weeks....

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated drivers but no help. I turned off hardware acceleration no help. I wonder why HTTPS works on some sites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just completed this procedure. Still fails afterward. Any other ideas?

Thanks....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The “use count” in the “more info” display of the flash add-on from the IE add-on list shows 15680. Seems that it should be close to 0 after complete de-install and re-install. I deleted all the folders that you listed and also ran registry cleaner. I wonder why the “use count” isn’t being reset, and why I can get around the problem using HTTPS on some sites like youtube and Adobe flash test site??? Has anyone had these symptoms and managed to fix this problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this exact same issue, so I was hoping this thread had a solution. Anyway here are some specific on what my exact problem and configuration settings are.  Pretty much a brand new PC running Win 7, IE9, and Flash 11.1.102.55.  I get a blank window and right click to get "movie not loaded".  This occurs for everything on the web; youtube, CNN, SI, etc.....   So I now have it working on my admin account with no issues at all.  Loads right up and starts playing.  I have issues with the "standard access" user account.  When I de-install flash and re-install on the user account videos play in the browser that spawns and the end of the installation and goes to adobes site.  I can open multiple tabs on this browser and view videos with no issues.  Once I  close that specific browser and open another, I can no longer view videos and I am back to the original "movie not loaded error".  Any thoughts?  JTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try clearing your Flash Player data and settings and see if that makes a difference?  You can do this in the Flash Player control panel's Advanced tab.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlayer/LSM/WS6aa5ec234ff3f285139dc56112e3786b68c-7ff0.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris. Deleting all site data and settings has resolved this problem for me, except that www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ fails (movie not loaded) But youtube and other sites using flash are loading OK now. I had tried this several times before with no luck, but this time it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris!

I am having this same problem with my site: www.triart-studio.com  it works fine if I open the swf locally and on its own.  However, If I open the html file on any browser, except for Safari.   I think there's more to it than just clearing out the browsign data.  Truth is it was working fine, and then it simply stopped working.

My file is a Flash xml.  I've wonder if the SWFObject and/or ActionScript 3 might be the issue.  Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi triart,

I tried opening main.swf locally on my system but it still fails to load.  Can you send me the copy that works for you so I can give it a try?  ccampbel@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2012 Feb 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it turns out that I still have the problem, except that youtube works OK now. Any other websites that use flash fail. If I R-click in the blank window, I see “movie not loaded” in grey and the flash version in black. What is stopping the flash movie from loading ???? H E L P !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the flash content on this page?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

If so, can you post back with a URL where the content does fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I finally gave up after 2 months of working on this problem, and reinstalled Windows 7/64 and all my applications. Big job, but it fixed it for now! I am creating image backups everyday until all software is installed and configured and “burned in”. Then I will reduce the schedule to weekly. I hope never to see this problem again!!!

Thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can check www.beyazperdem.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.  I've tried sending you the data various times.  I don't know if you have received it.  The problem still persists.

I can  open the SWF file on Flash Player, but it wont load when playing from within an HTML file (locally or on the website).

If there's any new information on what this might be, please let me know.  My site is www.triart-studio.com.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@triart - I'm sorry if I received your attachment and didn't respond.  The last post I see from you was a year ago and I do admit I get more email / posts than I can handle sometimes   Could you open a bug report at bugbase.adobe.com and attach your swf, then post back with the bug number?  If you want you swf kept private, please feel free to email me the swf again after the bug has been entered.  I'll attach the swf for internal use only and then we can take another look.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue about "movie not load" when trying to watch a video on all browers,I tried reinalling the flash player,IE,Chrome,cleaning cache and nothing works.The shockwave is enable in IE but the only way it works is when I put HTTPS on youtube but it would not work on other websites.I tried looking up the issue but there is no clear way to fix this issue.Can you please help with a step by step way to fix this isssue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I get "Movie not loaded..." message on my site but not from other sites in the internet where is flash content. Also if the movie is on my local computer and I look it on browsers it works just fine. I also made flash movie about half a year a go for my client which still works perfectly in the net and I can still see it running, so I suppose the problem that i have now has to consern something related to the server or the domain on which the content is and / or new updates of flash player that obviously just won't show new flash movies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that there is an access problem. Either the movie is not at the place the system looks for it or the webserver does not have the authorization to access that specific file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2013 May 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My swf file is in the same directory as the html-page is and I call swf by it's name "main.swf" in htm-file. html-file is basically same that flash generates when publishing it. So I guess the file is called correctly in html. So can it be that server just won't accept swf files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem, has anyone solved this issue. Note that no one can see the videos on my site and it is only my site I have problems. youtube etc. is fine. I have had several users try to access my videos and get the same "movie not loaded" message. This works fine on my local computer. I checked cpanel on my website and it appears it is setup properly.

Does the SWF file itself contain any "path" information in it, or does it just contain the video, just curious as the .htm file points to the right path.

Thanks for any light that can be shed on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. The path in my .htaccess file was incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where to access Flash Player data and settings so tried the following.  Changed user account to admin access.  After doing this, 1) logged into user account 2) Uninstalled flash with the 64bit uninstaller 3) reinstalled flash. Movies now loaded in muliple IE sessions.  Now to ensure it will always be there.  1) logged out of user 2) switched user back to a standard account on with my admin account 3) restart PC.  Still working!!  Not sure how or why, but videos load on all sites now.   I am still interested to know how to access Flash player data and settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Control Panel and type Flash Player.  Click Flash Player, click Advanced tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines