• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 9.5.0.270, faulting module unknown

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We run a large Citrix Xenapp estate based on Citrix XenApp 4.5 x64  technology in a 80 server farm with Windows Server 2003 x64 O/S.

We have recently experienced issues with thin client users using having their Adobe Reader version 9.5.0 crash whilst trying to print.

We un-install and re-install Adove Reader and the problem goes away for a little while but comes back soon with over 45 users using each Citrix server.

This is the Microsoft error code which is not very helpful

Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 9.5.0.270, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000528ef.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The only trigger appears to be the Microsoft Patch Tuesday roundup from December.

However rolling back these patches does not resolve the problem?

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks   Sean   London, UK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any other Adobe product such as Acrobat X installed on the citrix server???

Also, can you provide me the crash log so that I can look at it to find the problem. Steps to do the same are mentioned below.

1. Install WinDbg from http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/installx86.mspx

2. Launch WinDbg via the shortcut

3. Open Command Prompt and type in the following commands:

cd c:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)

windbg.exe –I

4. This would launch the WinDbg application for a moment and then show a dialog stating that WinDbg is now your default debugging application. Click OK to dismiss the same.

5. Open Reader and do whatever operation that produces the crash

6. Once Reader crashes, WinDbg will launch by itself. When prompted type in the following command in the WinDbg Console:

.dump /ma c:\temp.dmp (Hit Enter)

7. This will create the crash log in C:\ by the name of temp.dmp. Please send it across in a zipped format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Vamalik

Where do I send the zipped debug file to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload it on any file sharing server and paste the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the text from Debug  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4785260/AdobeDebug.txt

ADPLUS Log http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4785260/ADPlus_log_0720_2012-01-20_09-05-08-663.zip

Full Dump File 45Mb  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4785260/FULLDUMP_SecondChance_av_AccessViolation_AcroRd32.exe__0720_2012-01-...

Just to add that the same thing happens on Adobe Reader versions 9.4.6, 9.4.7 and 9.5, Also the fault address (fault address 0x000528ef) is always the same.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean for the required information, we are looking into it. It would be helpful if you can use this debugger and follow the steps (Step 2 onwards) as vamalik has mentioned above.

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_amd64_6.11.1.404.msi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to throw in there that we are having a very similar issue running Acrobat Pro on our citrix servers, simple things such as going to Edit > Preferences will exit out of adobe. We've had the same issue with 9.4.4 up to 9.5... After Updating/Reinstalling the application will work for a day or two and then starts having the errors again. We have an open support case but figured I would post in here as well.

Edit: This happens both on thinclients and when logged into the server directly - and happens to both regular users and admin users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Forgot to answer your other question. No there is no other Adobe product on these servers except Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I too am having the same problem with Adobe Reader.

Citrix XenApp 4.5 in a 6 server farm with Windows Server 2003 x64 O/S.

Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 9.4.6.252, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000528ef

I have also tried Adobe Reader versions 9.4.6, 9.4.7 and 9.5, with the same results.

Adobe Reader is used on 3 of the 6 servers. Out of these 3 servers only one is having the problem so far.

Updating/Reinstalling the application on the affected server will work for a while and then the error comes back. Both regular users and admin users have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

A couple of days ago I installed Windows Updates on one of the servers which were previously working. Now this morning printing from Adobe didn't work. (Adobe crashes when trying to print)

I ran the crash dumps through windbg and it suggested that the error was related to ADMPlugin.apl

I then copied Program Files\Adobe\Reader\Reader\SPPlugins\ADMPlugin.apl from a working computer to the affected server and so far it seems to work. (I did it 30 minutes ago, so no promises)

Søren, Denmark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved thanks to one of my technical team working it out.

The Microsoft Patch KB2624667 is causing adobe to break!

We uninstalled the patch from the Citrix servers and this does fix the issue

Further googling on this patch number does prove it has caused similar issues in a citrix environment, crashing not just Adobe Reader, but Office
and IE.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserversecurity/thread/7d5d1250-00fc-4d88-8f5f-56...

Thanks Microsoft

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacing the ADMPlugin.apl worked for our environment – temporarily. For whatever reason the file got modified around 3am the following morning, I am trying to research this further to see what might have caused the file to be modified. We are not yet ready to git rid of the MS Patch since it will potentially open up our servers to security vulnerabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2012 Jan 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed that replacing the ADMPlugin.apl, only provides a temporary fix. It was also modified around 3am, which is also around the time that we restart our Citrix servers.

Anyways, removing the MS Patch seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The ADMPlugin is used by Acrobat or Reader to create dialog boxes. The reason for crash could be that the ADMPlugin file is either corrupt or their is some problem with the permissions of the file.

To resolve this issue you can fully repair Reader installation. Steps to do the same are mentioned below.

1. Close any running reader process.
  2. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0
  3. Delete Reader folder.
  4. Now try repairing the reader installtion from Control Panel->Add or remove Programs.

This should resovle the issue.

If crash occours even after repair then please share the MD5 and permissions of the ADMPlugin.apl file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\SPPlugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Reader 10.1.2 after repair please apply the hotfix for reader from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Bug#3104136 has already been logged for this issue. Engineering team is working on this with priority.

Keep posting your updates/fixes/workarounds/experiences related to this, for that will give us more insight about this issue and we will be able to address it more appropriately and completely should it be determined to be an issue on our side.

Sandeep V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2012 Mar 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue appears to be related to the interaction between the ADMPlugin.apl  file and the Citrix Memory Optimisation Service after the KB2624667  Patch is installed.  Note that by default the Memory Optimisation Service runs at 03:00 every morning.  After the patch is installed the memory optimization service seems to corrupt ADMPlugin.apl, but of course this only happens once the file has been identified as in need of optimization, hence the 24 to 48 hour delay. I have found that I can retain the patch on my Citrix Servers by excluding Reader from the optimisation service.  Details on how to do this can be found at http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX132322 … But be sure to place ADMPlugin.apl in the exclusion list in addition to the files quoted by Citrix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines