Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore project for both DVD and Blu-ray?

Jan 25, 2012 4:06 PM

I'm new to Production Premium CS5. I have made all my parts of my project and kept them in HD and rendered them all in Media Encoder CS5 for blu-ray. I assembled my project in Encore and then previewed the whole blu-ray disc to make sure nothing was left out. I then burned a DVD. After burning the DVD, my preview is no longer clear like HD clear. It's more pixelated like a DVD project. Is there a way to get the preview back to HD quality preview or should I copy the Encore project and rename it for a DVD project before burning my first one. The reason I am asking is I do make two copies of the Encore Project on my hard drive, one for DVD and the other for Blu-ray, and it works but the two projects take up double the space on my hard drive. Any solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to B.Frankforther

So you changed the Bluray project settings to DVD settings, right? What were the settings you made?

What was pixelated? Menus, motion menus, or timelines or all?

Letting Encore downrez HD movies for a DVD does not generally result in the best quality. But look at your DVD transcode settings in Encore first.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2012 8:59 PM   in reply to B.Frankforther

I don't do a lot of Bluray, and based on other comments, the experiments I have done generally are BD and DVD projects separately.

I wonder if you have to re-render the menus after going back to BD.

DVD is just not BD. When you focus on the "crisp and clear," it makes me wonder if you are just not seeing what you like in the DVD. What is actually pixelated? What are the DVD transcode (defaults) settings? etc.

If you have not done other projects, I would do a DVD from scratch, and see how that looks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2012 10:50 PM   in reply to B.Frankforther

Any solution?

I would recommend creating two projects.  Never change a project's settings.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points