Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to Decipher

Jan 25, 2012 7:00 AM

I don't know about you, but I need some help understanding what I'm seeing in the statistics and reports.  For example, what is a "Sitting break"?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2012 7:32 AM   in reply to rgcunningham

Hi,

Sitting is defined as a continous consumption run of the e-learning content by a learner.

For e.g. a learner is said to have taken a "Sitting Break" if he pauses at say slide 10 for more than 20 mins.

This duration (20 mins in above e.g.) is called "Sitting timeout" and you can configure the duration in the preferences dialog (you can find the preferences button at the right top of the dashboard). You can find some of these descriptions in release notes on labs. (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/captivate_course/captivate_cou rse_docs.pdf)

You can see the number of sitting breaks on any slide in the Sittings break report. If some slide is having maximum number of sitting breaks it is likely that learners are not understanding either that slide or the concept involving that slide.

Regards

Subra

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2012 1:46 AM   in reply to rgcunningham

Hi,

Learner count in preferences is the number of learners expected to take this course and it is used in calcuating the progress index.

If it is hugely inaccurate, the progress index calculations will be incorrect. There shouldnt be any issues if actual learners count is bigger than the specified learners count.

On the second part of your question, I suppose you want the title to be editable in preferences right? I will get back to you on this.

Regards

Subra

Adobe Captivate Team

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points