Skip navigation
TrainingCanuck
Currently Being Moderated

Error #2004 and DumpUtils.exe

Nov 18, 2011 1:48 PM

Tags: #error_#2004 #dumputils.exe

I seem to be having some problems with this converter and I'm not sure what is causing them.

After installing the converter, it consistenetly starts stating "Some Actionscript error has occured.: Error #2004"

Then, when trying to open a .zip file published from Captivate for conversion, it has another message that pops up saying "Location of DumpUtils.exe is not available. Please click "Copy" to copy the file."

Upon clicking "Copy", I am once more greeted by the Error #2004 message.  I went into the program files to see if the DumpUtils.exe file was located within the installed folder and it was, so I don't know what the program is referring to.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 23, 2011 8:19 AM   in reply to TrainingCanuck

Same problem here. When I install the converter on WIN 7 I receive an error message "Error#2004". When I convert the Captivate SWF file the message "Location of FumpUtils.exe is not available". I also do not get a HTML file.

Any help is more than welcome.

Stan

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to TrainingCanuck

I received the Error #2004 message when I tried to browse for an output location prior to loading a .swf file. Once I loaded my .swf file, I did not see that error again.

Because this tool is in development, there isn't a lot of guidance in the interface. The Browse button at the bottom left is only for an output location. I initially thought that button was for loading the .swf.

I don't know if this is the only answer, but it's the only time I've gotten the #2004 error. I'm on XP, but will test on Windows 7 as well.

Kelly

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jan 26, 2012 7:40 AM   in reply to TrainingCanuck

I really wish someone could provide the file or answer to this problem - this is a BLOCKER!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to TrainingCanuck

Same here - Try resinstall as admin but still same error - Wish Adobe gave some feedback on this

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Mar 14, 2012 2:37 PM   in reply to TrainingCanuck

Does anyone at Adobe labs ever respond to any of these posts?    Some have been here for months with the same Issue re error messages that I we are all experiencing now.  I attended a web conference and it all looked so easy.  I'd just like to know what I am doing wrong. 

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Mar 21, 2012 6:17 AM   in reply to dedetisone

Couldn't agree more - even though this is only a preview version of the converter I would expect Adobe to take comments such as these, look into them, and then feed back into the development process if appropriate.

Yes, competitions and such to generate interest in the converter are a great way of raising awareness, but ignoring those who can't even get that far is not a good way of marketing such a tool...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2012 6:25 AM   in reply to cwaggett

Also agree - Lots of tools moving into this space and hoping to see 

Adobe stay on top of this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status