Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 5 displays the incorrect error message in Assessment mode

Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded 3 simulation movies-a demonstration, practice and assessment. When I play the assessment project in preview only (haven't published) the incorrect selection error displays the hint for the guided practice.(i.e. Select this field.) In the assessment, it should display,  "Incorrect, try again.".

I recorded with no panning, and in application area mode. Editing the captiions to their correct message is going to be really time consuming. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

JT

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hint captions normally appear when you roll over the correct answer.

Do you have HINT captions turned off for all of your assessment interactions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captions are on, but I mean in assessment mode, it was giving me an "Incorrect, try again" message when I clicked on an area or button that was not the correct choice . I'm not referring to the guided practice or as CP calls it 'training' simulation.  In training simulation you should receive no hints at all-except the one I seem to be missing-"Incorrect, try again."  Unless I am mistaken???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Captivate's guided practice (training) mode you DO get Hint captions as well as Success and Failure captions.  The Hint captions are usually triggered when you roll over the correct location to click.  Your Success or Failure captions are triggered when you finally click something or enter data into a text entry box.  So the intention of the Hints is to help you find the correct answer or action.  The Hints are part of the guidance.

In Assessment mode, Captivate turns off Hint captions by default (but you still have the option of turning them on for each interaction if you want).  Here the intent is to give no help at all to the user beforehand.  You're testing their ability to perform each step unaided, with feedback AFTER the action to inform them of success or failure.

If you were in assessment mode and clicked the incorrect choice, then you should expect to see a message that said: "Incorrect."   If multiple attempts at the same interaction are permitted, you could add the extra words: "Please try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources