• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Securing web environnement

Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

Is their any thrid-party or Adobe software that provide a secure way to deliver Captivate Quiz on a laptop computer?

We will ask candidats to pass the quiz on a laptop that we will provide.

We want to blockweb browsing and e-mail, but let Captivate to download the quiz and send results.

Is this possible?

Mart

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Can you describe the PC environment a little more?  I assume you're talking about Cp 5.5.  Are you publishing to a stand-alone .exe, .app, or .htm for the web?

Captivate does have a built in password protection mechanism for security. 

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe the PC environment a little more?  I assume you're talking about Cp 5.5.  Are you publishing to a stand-alone .exe, .app, or .htm for the web?

Captivate does have a built in password protection mechanism for security. 

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's Captivate 5.5

The file is stored on our local server and reachable by html

I don't want to restrict access to the file, but to prohibit web browsing and emailing while the user is taking the test, to avoid cheating.

The challenge is the Captivate needs to send the result to the server (using the php script. We use Quiz Analyser to get the result from taken quizzes) while forbid user to navigate the web.

I suppose Captiavte use port 80 to send result since it's php form.

Mart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "Local Server" do you mean that this is a web server and that the course is using the http:// protocol?

If this is true, then Cp will be using the standard port 80 for communication... unless the web server itself is configured to use a non-standard port (which isn't typicall).  I'm struggling to figure out how you would limit web browsing and email during the quiz unless you had some additional software that prevented the launch of these apps.  Or perhaps build a PC that doesn't have a web browser or email client loaded.  To disable IE, I've seen IT depts. put in a fake proxy server in the Internet Settings rendering it useless.

There's also a feature in XP (not sure about Vista or Windows 7), called DEP (Data Execution Prevention) that prevents certian apps from running.  Maybe on a temporary basis, you could add IE, FF, Chrome, Outlook... etc. to this list of applications that are not allowed to run.

Your IT dept. might also be able to use Group Policy to prevent these apps from running on select machines.

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources