• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I tackle error 4960 while downloading Master Collection CV5?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Macbook Pro. It took some 40 hours over 3 days to download CS5 (thorugh wifi) and at the end of it...it showed me the following error....

The following disc images could not be opened

Image                                Reason

MasterCollection_CS5_       error -4960

Now it just say Extracting...it might take a while!!!

Is this error because i did not download at one go?  Pl help... I do not want to go through the ordeal of another download!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ResponseToday where did you download the Master Collection from?  Did you download from Adobe directly?  Did you purchase your copy of Master Collection on Adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded the Master Collection from Adobe directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was downloading the Creative Suite Premium trial version and had similar problem. I got error 4960 and it was extracting for hours. I tried this twice. Then while I have the assistant running on extraction, I downloaded Photoshop 5 trial version by itself. As soon as it completed installing the entire software, the extraction for the Premium stopped! There was another error, but when I went to my Applications, I can see and open all the items in the Suite installed! Try it and let me know..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.Tried downloading a trial version of photoshop 5 by itself but the moment i do this,

a window appears on the adobe download assistant saying

This product is already in the download queue and will not be added (error 105)

...no downloading takes place!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsetoday the message, "Sorry, an error occurred," occurs when you use the Adobe Download Assistant in an account with insufficient administrative privileges. Create an account with administrator privileges or log in to an existing account with administrative privileges. Then, try the download again.

For assistance with administrative accounts, see Log in as a user with administrative access privileges (Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2012 Feb 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if your still having problems downloading i figured it out. the download you first tried was interrupted and didnt download completely so what you have to do is

1) in the top right of a mac click search and search for MasterCollection_CS5_ (or what you error is IE photoshop_12_1 ect...)

2) the click "show all in finder"

3) look for the .dmg file "MasterCollection_CS5_.dmg" and delete it

4) try to down load again WITHOUT interuption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines