Skip navigation
wernimont29
Currently Being Moderated

Suddenly Slow Export

Jan 27, 2012 7:40 AM

I produce a half-hour tv show each week that ordinarily takes an hour to export.  I've been shooting/editing the same way for a year and a half, and within the last two weeks it suddenly takes three hours to export.  I shoot on the same camera with the same resolution/frame rate.  I'm using the same export settings, and there are no effects on the video.  I clean the media cache files fairly regularly and I tried deleting my prefences.

Any ideas on what may have changed?  Like I said, it rendered in an hour for a year and half.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2012 8:12 AM   in reply to wernimont29

I've had the exact same thing happen to me last week.  Suddenly every export is taking 4 to 5 times as long to export.  I even downloaded a trial version of Premiere CS5.5 (I have 5 now), and it's the same.  Over a year of quick exports, now this?  So bizarre!  Driving myself crazy trying to figure it out...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to wernimont29

The only thing that comes to mind for this type of slowdown is checking the Maximum Render Quality box.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Yea, I've checked that and although it can speed it up, I always used to have it checked, and it was MUCH faster....

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points