Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting png files locally?

Nov 16, 2011 9:55 AM

Tags: #png #photoshop_cs5 #creative_cloud #photoshop_touch

I'm wondering how I can export my PS Touch project locally as a .png. As far as I've been able to discern, the only things supported apart from uploading to creative cloud are mailing the files as .jpeg or uploading them s .jpeg to facebook.

Is there any way to do this?

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2011 6:48 AM   in reply to evilcandybag

Same here. I really need to save and access my files locally. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Been talking to fellow designers about this. Every one wants to know if it's any good and this is a thing that makes every one hesitate and decide to wait.

Please tell us this is a bug or mishap and not a strategy of yours. 

|
    Mark as:
  • greule
    420 posts
    Oct 14, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2011 6:52 AM   in reply to evilcandybag

At the moment PS Touch does not support local .png export. The only way you can get a .png  is to upload your PS Touch project to the Creative Cloud and open the PS Touch document in Photoshop and save it out as png.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to evilcandybag

I do have PS 5 at home but when I'm traveling it's no use being able to isolate an object in PS Touch and lose the transparent background after importing the file into Collage. This breaks my workflow. And don't tell me to use the masking tool there!

After failing the flash/flex developer community Adobe should listen very carefully to what their customers think they need. You have to rebuild trust.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2012 10:59 AM   in reply to underthesun

Hi underthesun,

This sounds like a feature request that you and several others would like to see in future versions of PS Touch. If you add it to our Ideas section, you and other customers can vote for it. The Photoshop Touch team is very interested in hearing from the community about which features they think are important. If you don't have time to post this idea, I will do it for you in a few days.

Thanks for your input,

Luanne

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 2:31 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

Hi Luanne,

thanks for responding so quickly.

I appreciate that.

Martin

--

Gesendet mit Android Tablet über WEB.DE Mail.

Luanne Seymour <forums@adobe.com> schrieb:

Luanne Seymour http://forums.adobe.com/people/Luanne+Seymour created the discussion "Re: Exporting projects locally?" To view the discussion, visit: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4118165#4118165

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 12:51 PM   in reply to underthesun

You are welcome Martin. I've posted the feature request in the Ideas section. Please click here to vote for it and let the PS Touch team know what you want.

Thanks,

Luanne

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2012 11:26 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

A comment concerning Cloud. I am one who avoids using the Cloud for anything. I find having to upload to the Cloud unecessary for my work flow. I can easily wifi a file to any of the 7 computers I have on my home network and have no need to broadcast to the world. Please consider direct saving to my tablet (Xoom) in the normal graphic and picture formats. I do use CS5 on my editing PC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 11:17 AM   in reply to evilcandybag

Version 1.1.1 nows supports exporting of png files locally.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

Much thanks. Is this new version now on the Android Market site?

Oops! I see that it is and I downloaded it. Thanks again.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 1:21 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

The Link for Vote is not available. YES saving PNG or PSD file from PS touch should be essential! Why other way would we use it? Is it possible to avoid Creative cloud, and still import it on pc, and edit in PS?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to Luanne Seymour

Really, on iPad? Where is version 1.1.1 then? Why have we Still not got Retina support, higher resolution, Masks etc etc etc?? When there's apps for half the price on the app store that do a Lot more, omg this is PHOTOSHOP what the hell is going on? Please please please upgrade the app with new features! Small time devs charging 69p for there apps sitting in their parents basements are releasing ten times more updates for there apps and Adobe are a multi million dollar giant!? It's time to make up for it and bring Photoshop back to the top, you don't want to be put to shame by a bunch of small timers do you? Put the time we all pay you for in to a real juicy big update to wow everyone and make Photoshop 5/5 stars on the App Store like it should be!

I haven't rated it yet! I'll wait a few weeks and see if an update comes first! Sorry if I sounded rude, just frustrated :-p

Matt - London

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 29, 2012 10:58 AM   in reply to mattoligy

mattoligy wrote:

Really, on iPad? Where is version 1.1.1 then? Why have we Still not got Retina support, higher resolution, Masks etc etc etc?? When there's apps for half the price on the app store that do a Lot more, omg this is PHOTOSHOP what the hell is going on? Please please please upgrade the app with new features! Small time devs charging 69p for there apps sitting in their parents basements are releasing ten times more updates for there apps and Adobe are a multi million dollar giant!? It's time to make up for it and bring Photoshop back to the top, you don't want to be put to shame by a bunch of small timers do you? Put the time we all pay you for in to a real juicy big update to wow everyone and make Photoshop 5/5 stars on the App Store like it should be!

I haven't rated it yet! I'll wait a few weeks and see if an update comes first! Sorry if I sounded rude, just frustrated :-p

Matt - London

As I mentioned before in another post, hardware is the common denominator where Photoshop Touch's features are concerned. (Most of the time, the bottleneck is memory.) If you want Retina support, expect to take a hit elsewhere feature or performance-wise. Expect to have half or 3/4 the layers available, for example.

As another example, Autodesk updated their Sketchbook Pro app for iPad to take advantage of Retina. As a result, when you work with a project at 2048 x 1536, you end up with a maximum of 6 layers (as opposed to the original 18 layers available in 1024 x 768 resolution).

Tablets are not full-on PCs and Macs. They still have to catch up.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:14 AM   in reply to Warunicorn

Yea that's fine, if people want retina and high res they will have to take the hit on layers! Like you said, sketchbook pro has done it (and their app is £3) under half of what I paid for photoshop! You guys are supposed to be the original daddy's, you all on a tea break or something! I bought ProCreate a few days ago and Oh My God :-0 again £3 and it has Everything, HD, Retina, Layers, custom Brushes, it's insane! If PStouch had these features included it would truly be.... PHOTOSHOP!

If they can do it Adobe Can! You all sound like that manicly depressed robot from hitchhickers guide to the universe, your Adobe for god sakes, make it happen :-)

|
    Mark as:
    May 3, 2012 12:47 PM   in reply to mattoligy

According to Procreate's latest manual/guide, you have two choices for canvas size: 960 x 704, and 1920 x 1408. Not quite Retina (2048x1536) but I guess it works.

Adding to that, Procreate isn't exactly an image editor; it's a painting/drawing app similar to Autodesk's Sketchbook Pro (which can do 2048x1536 on the 3rd gen iPad, but again at the cost of layers).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points