I normally don't post but I have exhausted all my resources. When I launch Premiere the title splash graphic pops up, everything freezes and then the program just crashes. This is also happening with After Effects and Illustrator. But Photoshop, Audition, and bridge are still working fine. But if I boot into safe mode they all work...
I have been using CS5.5 for about 6 months with no problems at all, before I upgraded I used CS5, also with no issues.
I have deleted the preferences files as mentioned in numerous support discussions, I have also made absolute certain that both my Mac and CS5.5 are fully updated. I have Cleared PRAM, repaired permission, verified disk (no problems found but went ahead and fixed anyways) And I have even performed a full CS5.5 reinstall. And yet the problem persists...
I would also like to note I haven't added any new codecs in a few months or installed anything related to Quicktime.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
OS X 10.7.2
8GB of RAM
It has all the signmarks of some hardware failure or OS failure. Nothing Adobe related, Only MAC and whether that is related to some hardware problem or 10.7.2 problem, I haven't the faintest but it sure has nothing to do with Adobe. My gut feeling is that you may have a memory problem, because AE and PR use large amounts of memory, PS and AU only small amounts, so it may not show with these applications.
Hold down Shift + Opt when launching, and keep them held until the Welcome dialog appears. Shift clears the plug-in cache and Opt resets preferences. I know you've deleted the prefs file, but the plug-in cache should be cleared as well.
Absolutely, thank you for looking at the log for me.
Latest update, I ran the Apple Hardware Test and everything passed. I then uninstalled CS5.5 again, rebooted, ran the CS cleaner tool, rebooted, and then reinstalled but the problem persist. I guess my only choice at this point is to reinstall OS X and wish for the best.
Thanks everyone for the help, Jon looked over my crash log and determined it was font related. During my troubleshooting process I looked at my fonts but didn't think about running the validation tool. But after Jon looked over the log he suggested I use it. So I did and it found a bad Arial font, once removed everything worked great. Thanks again Jon!
Europe, Middle East and Africa