Skip navigation
sookabilly
Currently Being Moderated

make workspace readable

Jan 29, 2012 10:12 AM

Is there any way to change (increase) the font size for basically all commands, menus, clip length etc? Without buggering around with my monitor's screen resolution that is. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2012 10:17 AM   in reply to sookabilly

Unfortunately, no. Sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to sookabilly

Welcome to the forum.

About the only control that one has over the GUI is in the contrast/brightness settings.

The font size, etc., can only be adjusted by changing the monitor's resolution.

As I use a lot (and I mean a LOT) of Adobe programs on a PC, I have adjusted the monitor resolution (dual Hitachi 21" monitors) to my optimum viewing standards, which is actually below the ultimate monitor rez, through my nVidia Quadro. I did this, because of the working distance that I have in my edit-suite. I could get sharper rez, but at the expense of font size.

There are also some display "magnifier" apps, that might offer more control, but I have not explored any.

I also have a special prescription of bi-focal, that allows close-up (for reading printed materials, etc.) and then focused on 19", which is what my viewing distance is, in the edit-suite. I DO have to remember to switch to my regular glasses, just to walk down the stairs though!

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to sookabilly

[Deleted- Double Post]

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to sookabilly

Much of the PRE screen elements are specific to the program and do not conform to font size changes. Using "Windows Color and Appearance" settings you can enhance the drop down menu content without needing to change the screen resolution:

1.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers