Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with certificate Authentication in IE9

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have tried everything under the sun but Adobe Flash will not install on IE9 OR Firefox 3.6.24.

The error is 'CERTIFICATE AUTHENTICATION FAILED'. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling and still get the same error. ActiveX Filtering is unchecked so this is not the problem. I installed the certificate successfully but still the same error. Can anyone lend a hand here?

Cheers! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

antimattern,

Did you give the offline installers a try?

Offline Flash Player installers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing from our stand alone installers?  You can find them here:

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 11 for Windows or Macintosh?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Yes I tried both but the same error still occurred. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving the installer file to your hard drive and then running the installer from your hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2012 Jan 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect we're having a problem with the code signing mechanism in Windows, though I'm surprised that saving and running the stand alone installer didn't help.  Could you run the "Fix It" utility that Microsoft provides in the Resolution section of this KB article to see if that helps?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2012 Jan 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Have run the Fix It utility and everything checks out ok. Fix It.jpg

Any other suggestions from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get that far Carl as the attached error is received when I try the 'save' option.Adobe Error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do a clean install of Flash Player?

Download the files, don't try an online uninstall or install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wont work Carl Uninstaller cannot be run.JPG

I tried this prior to contacting you guys and have tried again with the same result..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried here since this is system problem.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum?tab=all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2012 Jan 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem. When trying to install the new flash it gives me the cirtifiicate of authentication error and will not let me install flash on Windows 7 64 bit. any help?? I tried the fix it utility also,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2012 Jan 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you guys check the following out for me?

1. Go to the start menu and type the following: gpedit.msc

2. In the Local Group Policy Editor dialog that appears, navigate to the following dialog:

User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > Security > Authenticode Settings

You should see a dialog similar to this

1-31-2012 4-17-19 PM.png

Please verify that the "Enable trusted publisher lockdown" checkbox is unchecked.  If checked, uncheck it and click OK.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine wasnt checked...

Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:18:46 -0700

To: shevazk@hotmail.com

Subject: Problems with certificate Authentication in IE9

Re: Problems with certificate Authentication in IE9

created by Chris Campbell in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

Could you guys check the following out for me? 1. Go to the start menu and type the following: gpedit.msc2. In the Local Group Policy Editor dialog that appears, navigate to the following dialog: User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > Security > Authenticode Settings You should see a dialog similar to this

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/153890/1-31-20124-17-19PM.png Please verify that the "Enable trusted publisher lockdown" checkbox is unchecked. If checked, uncheck it and click OK. Thanks,Chris

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try "unblocking" the application using the steps outlined in this post?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4090545#4090545

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iam just gona format lol... the easy way.. thanks anyway

[private information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)

I just had the exact same error, the following worked like a charm for me...

Download latest standalone installer and save to the root of C:

http://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbd_aih.exe

http://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/install_flashplayer11x64ax_gtbd_aih.exe

Download and run the Flashplayer Uninstaller

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe

Install latest standalone version with elevated admin permissions - "holding <SHIFT> button down, right-click the downloaded file and 'run-as' another user, enter your local admin user creds, ie. administrator & Pa$$w0rd and installer will start".

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-run-a-program-with-elevated-permissions.navId-323054.ht...

Bounce machine (reboot!)

Browse to this link http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html and confirm you are on the latest version.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

John (UK)

Message was edited by: sPaNgLeMoNkEy

Message was edited by: sPaNgLeMoNkEy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue, after unblocking the installer I just get an error that certificate authentication has failed and the program doesn't run. After unblocking I was finally able to run the uninstaller though and go back to an archived version 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

antimattern,

Did you give the offline installers a try?

Offline Flash Player installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That installer worked.

Any idea why the certificate was revoked though? Running win7 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines