Skip navigation
wordservant
Currently Being Moderated

How do I view .PDF files in Bridge?

Jan 28, 2012 9:40 PM

When I returned to Default Settings for Bridge CS3, it doesn't recognize or view all of my recently created .PDF files (some of which were created in Photoshop CS, not with Acrobat.)  Bridge is wonderful when it views and displays the .PDF files as graphics, because Windows Explorer won't display .PDF files as images.  Bridge helps keep everything organized.   Do you know how to restore settings so Bridge to consistently recognizes .PDF files?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 29, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to wordservant

"When I returned to Default Settings for Bridge CS3", does this mean you reset the preferences by holding down the Crtl key?

I would first try resetting cache with Tools/cache/reset cache for xxx folder if you have cache exported to folders.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 2:14 PM   in reply to wordservant

Did my advice fix your problem?

Also, I would be interested why you could not find a way to respond.  No you are not an idiot, but have had several users respond to me my private e-mail.

So are you using e-mail rather that responding directly to the forum?  What dissappeared?

Since you are able to respond what changed?

If there is a problem with the servers with a little more info perhaps those smarter than I can get to the bottom of this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 7:02 PM   in reply to wordservant

I don't even know how to use the e-mail route, and would not use it if I could.  Too much junk there as it is.

So I really can not relate to what you are describing. 

Here is a screen shot of what the forum would look like for someone that posts a question.  If one is not the author there will be no boxes "correct answer" or "helpful answer".Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points