I had a publication almost ready to go, worked great and uploaded on the cloud. I then updated the tools, builder on mac and viewer on iPad with all latest updates (including the Jan 26 update and Jan 17 Folio tools etc) and all MSOs and buttons I had started 'misbehaving'. I re-uploaded everything on cloud again and I get these errors:
- Some buttons became 'untappable' (they work fine on the desktop viewer)
- I have pop up MSO box with text which is triggered by a button - text wont show on iPad but it shows on desktop viewer correctly. If I outline it, it shows on iPad too
- With previous viewer, the video would come up in front of any object when played, including MSOs. Now it seems that you have to put the video in front and cover all your 'play' buttons etc.
Can you tell me if these were planned changes on the workflow or just a mistake on the iPad viewer and planning to be fixed?
Tony, I see this is your first post.
PLEASE read the other threads posted recently. In short, there is a (IMO) very serious bug in the Content Viewer on the iPad.
If you haven't used any new features in the new tools you can roll back to version 17.
FYI I wanted to add couple of other issues in relation to MSOs.
1. I'm creating a simple MSO that is triggered by a button, and it only has two states, one is blank and the other is with a 'popup' box. If the box has a text box that uses 2 coulms or tables the MSO doesnt work. If I make two separate linked-flowing text boxes it works just fine. It seems that there are issues with how the 'textbox' is formatted.
2. Always when i download (update) an app on the viewer on iPad and tap to view it the viewer quits and have to re-launch it again
Europe, Middle East and Africa