Skip navigation
ajkessel
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Pro X freezes up for 10-15 seconds shortly after opening PDF

Jan 31, 2012 8:36 AM

Tags: #delay #bug #acrobat_pro #windows_7_64_bit

Transferring this discussion from another forum.

I believe my issue may be the same as or similar to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867133 , but I'm not able to post to that forum.

Running Acrobat 10.1.2 on a fully-patched Windows 7/64 Bit system (Office 2010/32 bit). Antivirus is eSet NOD32 4.0.437.0. I've been having this problem for several versions of Acrobat Pro.

Frequently, when I open a PDF, Acrobat shows the document and is responsive to user action (e.g. scrolling) for a few seconds, and then becomes completely unresponsive for 10-15 seconds, and then is usable again. This happens fairly consistently. Even if I already have Acrobat open, opening a new file causes the same behavior.

Many of the comments on this sort of problem suggest security settings might be an issue.I have tried disabling Enhanced security, disabling "automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zones", disabling "verify signatures when the document is opened", disabling "load security settings from a server", also done "clear remembered account information" for LiveCycle Rights Management. Further disabled everything in advanced settings under Windows Integration. None of these changes have any effect on my problem.

Any suggestions for how to troubleshoot?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to ajkessel

Could you please let me know if you are facing this issue with any PDF that you try to open or only with a specific PDF? Also, do you face the same issue while accessing PDFs in the browser as well?

Please download the PDF at: kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83708/attachments/Acrobat_Reader_ReleaseN ote_10.1.2.pdf and see if Acrobat still stalls for some time while rendering it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to Ankit_Jain

Amazing that ADOBE CAN NOT HELP US SOLVE THIS HUGE PROBLEM!!!!   Instead of offering a solution to our major problem with this HORRIBLE PRODUCT ADOBE ACROBAT X PRO -- They always turn it around and ask another stupid question !!! 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 5:34 AM   in reply to gotchabebe

Adobe Acrobat Reader X is a bummer, I agree 100%

Now, here is the solution to your problem: Go to Edit -> Preferences -> and uncheck the Option "Enable Protected Mode at Startup". Now close you Acrobat Reader and when you start it again it shloud not freeze anymore.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to ajkessel

Preferences-->security(enhanced)

Add folder path (where all your pdf are)

It work for me even for the pdf that are no inside this folder

Then a go back to add one more folder and the first folder that i add was not there

Did a repair acrobat

Go back to preference an the folder add is back

So i decide to uncheck  "Automatically trust sites from my Win os security zone"

Since then everything work fine for me so i don't know witch part of this process fix my problem

Good luck

RL

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2013 10:28 PM   in reply to Roberto L

"Automatically trust sites from my Win os security zone"

This has helped alot.  I was entering a document and then after a few seconds it would freeze for 20-30 seconds and then come good, darn frustrating!  Turned off "Automatically trust sites from my Win OS security zone" now allows me to operate as normal.  Every once in a while a document would pause but I don't believe it is related to this issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 5:21 AM   in reply to JTB1965

On my computer, a issue with similiar symtoms was a network path pointing to an unavailable computer. Opening local files until the path disappeared from the recent files resolved the issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points