Skip navigation
Marshall1985
Currently Being Moderated

Browserlab is not working for me, it wont complete the load even though i have high speed internet?

Jan 31, 2012 1:35 PM

Subject

First time use of browser lab not working.

Problem Description

Ok, so, I'm working on a tutorial page on CS5.5 and I am at the stage of using browserlab to preview it online. I log in and enter my password then it opens my browser and I click on "start using browserlab now" and a load screed appears. It loads for about a minute and then remains "blank", which is in fact the adobe screen with a language bar at the top right, but NO preview pages? also, if I then go into dreamweaver again the browserlab tab reports an error saying "Timed out, failed to connect to BrowserLab"

Steps to Recreate

1. This issue happens every time, and I have never got it to work. 
  2. Windows 7 32-bit operating system. 
  3. I am using the main BrowserLab interface as well as testing via Dreamweaver integration (DW version is version 11.5 build 5315)
  4. I dont understand what this next statement means? "What is the URL you're testing against?"

Expected Results

I thought that browserlab would open my page in multiple browsers on one page so i could see if there are any errors for different browser types.

Actual Results

Did not load correctly and gives errors.

Many thanks in advance

Marshall de MeillonAdobe1.pngAdobe2.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to Marshall1985

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for the detailed report. Don't worry about your step #4, you didn't get to that point.

From what I can tell, you're opening up BrowserLab in your browser first, then trying to do a preview from Dreamweaver, is that correct? I'd like to try a test where you first test BrowserLab in standalone mode and if that works, then try the BrowserLab integration with Dreamweaver. So please try doing the following steps:

1. Close Dreamweaver and all of your browser windows.
    2. Leave DW closed, open a single browser window and go to https://browserlab.adobe.com
    3. Log in, and request a screenshot by typing in a URL like http://www.yahoo.com and pressing <Enter>
    4. Does that work for you? Do you get screenshots for that? If not, please describe the steps you followed and what you see
    5. If so, close your browser window and open Dreamweaver. Do not open your browser to BrowserLab
    6. In DW, open the webpage you'd like to view in BrowserLab and press the preview button in the BrowserLab panel as shown in your shot
    7. You may need to log in again, but let me know what happens with that test.

Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points