Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

latest version of Adobe reader...

Jan 27, 2012 4:51 AM

hello,

I have just updated my adobe reader to the latest version and it makes my laptop really slow...can anybody tell me what to do!!! also I get a lot of error reports, I don't know whether this is because of the programme or not. I have also had trouble with dreamweaver 5.5 shutting the computer down!!- I know this is not anything to do with adobe reader but I did'nt want to do a seperate discussions

thanks in advance

Jenny

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 31, 2012 5:21 AM   in reply to jenniferdavies1995

Good luck getting any answers here.  I just want to warn you - there is a virus that you can get if you clicked on an icon on your desktop that looked like any of the Adobe icons.  This virus asks you to download the latest Adobe updates.  Of course what you download is a virus. 

I have tried to learn if there are any updates to Adobe Reader because that is the icon that recently appeared in my tray.  I downloaded a virus a few months ago so I no longer download anything from Adobe unless I come directly to their website.  As far as I can tell there is no Reader upgrade.  I would suggest running Microsoft Security Essentials to check your computer and hope you didn't download a virus.  But don't expect to get any answers here.  You might contact Microsoft help and allow one of them to look at your computer and they can help you if you did get a virus. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2012 5:28 AM   in reply to jenniferdavies1995

Could you please elaborate on what error message(s) is it that you are receiving?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 3:47 AM   in reply to jenniferdavies1995

Please let me know the following:

1. Which OS are you working on.

2. Which version of Adobe Reader are you using?

3. What is the operation that you are performing, that is causing the error message to be displayed?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to jenniferdavies1995

Have you tried using Dreamweaver on your phone, it works really well - no error reports!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 5:20 AM   in reply to Nick Jode

Have you tried temporarily turning off your Antivirus and checked if it solves the issue?

Also, see is repairing the installation from the control panel helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points