Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Loading an external swf into a target, prompting it to go to a certain frame (loadMovie)

Feb 1, 2012 5:49 PM

Tags: #flash #swf #load_movie

hello,

I am making a website for myself and am having an issue with loading an swf and commanding the swf to go to a certain frame. Bassically I have one page, that has 7 seperate small thumbnail images on it which are buttons, each is commanded to open an swf file labelled slideshow. The slideshow swf showcases the thumbnails seperatly in a much larger scale, then the user can look through the images using previous and next buttons.

this is the code i have so far:

on (release) {

loadMovie("meglarge.swf",target_f);

}

So each image or Button has this code on it. Then the movie "slideshow.swf" is loaded into the target destination "target_f"

Although each time you click on any button it starts directly on the first frame of the slideshow. Which is always the first pictue. I want the user to be able to click on any image on the main page and it will load that frame of the slideshow first, which can then be navigated to the other pictures using forward and back buttons.

I hope this makes sense, and i thank you in advance for the help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2012 4:38 AM   in reply to megaminders

In order to be able to control the loaded file you have to wait until it has fionished loading until you can command it to do anything.  Using loadMovie does not support any ability to determine when the file has finished loading.  You need to use the MoiveClipLoader class instead, where you can make use of the addListener method to detect when loading is complete.  If you look up the MovieClipLoader.addListener method in the help documents there is an example there showing how to use it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points