Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader 10.1.2 won't print

Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System XP SP3.  Installed Reader 10.1.2 and now cannot print pdf's opened in IE8, nor pdf's opened directly in the reader.  Printer (HP Laserjet 1020) "prints" a blank sheet, then displays error signal and has to be switched off and on again before it will print anything else, from any other source.  Prints WORD 2003 documents perfectly - as always.  When previous reader version was in use, there were no problems. It looks as though an urgent error fix is needed - am I right?

Brian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Please see if any of the workarounds listed below, work for you:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2012 Jan 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see if any of the workarounds listed below, work for you:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankit_Jain. It works fine

Following latest security update from Adobe for Acrobat Reader, I was unable to print anything anywhere (Reader crashing). Even reinstalling from scratch didn't change anything.

After I followed the workaround listed (Reader 10.1.2 does not print), I shared all the printers from my XP Virtual Machine, thus allowing me to print again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you.!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2012 Jan 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) and Adobe Reader 10.1.2, and have the same problem.  My printer is "shared" per the KB article refrenced above, but still will not print.  When I hit the "print icon" or do Cntrl-P, the Adobe application closes.

Any Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2012 Jan 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the printer sharing settings if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ankit_Jain; the second suggestion (double-sided option) solved the problem.

Suggestion: make single-sided printing the default in future releases, to avoid this happening to others.

Brian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have provided the permanent fix for this issue. please refer http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/928/cpsid_92870.html.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2012 Feb 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I tried the download and it didn't change anything. I uninstalled 10.1.2 and installed 9.5 and still have the same issue. I can print from all other programs but not Adobe. I have tried restarting the computer (Win XP SP3) and the printer (HP Officejet 6500). I have also tried to print as an image and that does not work either.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lisaemb wrote:

I tried the download and it didn't change anything.

Did you also run the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did. And restarted everything again afterwards.

Lisa Smith

703-401-2831

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines