We have a project in version control that we have been using forever, since 2003 or so and many versions of RH. Now that we have upgraded to 9, this project will open the first time in version control and work normally. Once you close the project and attempt to reopen from the starter screen, it opens just great, just not in version control. The files are still set to read only. I have done this several times and the only way i can work on my project in version control is to act like i am opening a project from scratch, then it needs to overwrite all of my local files with the server files. It would not be so bad but I am 3000 miles away from the server and 13 hops plus a slow firewall on the other end. While this has never been a problem in the past it is a big problem because it takes hours for all the files to download and overwrite my local files.
This only happens with RH9 and Version Control 3.1. RH8 works no problem. So, I don't know if this is a RH9 starter problem or a Source Control Problem. Maybe I will make a similar thread in the RH area. I'll wait to see if I get any useful hits from this one first.
It is very strange, I had RH9 open for several days because I was afraid to close the project for this reason and yesterday I published for the month so the heat is less right now but today, it opened with no source control. If I go to Source Control the only thing i can select is put project in source control. That is how it got into source control after converting to RH9.
We have another project that seems to open from version control normally but we can only save topics in HTML view. No useful answers to that topic after a week.
Got any ideas???
I have tried different folder names, different paths, etc.
Ok, here is a wierd one, I used the add to version control icon in the menu bar, It already knew the path so I figured I'm the only one who has been editing these files for the past few days so I clicked add to version control. It added it. I closed and reopeded and still had the same files checked out. Closed, checked in all, then reopened and it is working in SourceControl. Strange that after opening from source control and closing that you need to reopen and tell it to put the project into source control. Obviously some flag is not getting set somewhere. This might help others having problems reopening source control files.
Europe, Middle East and Africa