Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Reader for Playbook

Sep 28, 2011 1:25 PM

Just another voice about the Adobe Reader for Playbook.

I plan on using Playbook for meetings where  I need to flip through large files rapidly and back and forth.

The version of Adobe Reader on my Playbook is very slow to load the pages, flipping is difficult and frequently ends up closing the App ,and it does not allow the rapid selection of a particular set of pages to return to without flipping through the 25 preceding pages -  not useful for the type of work I am doing.

Is there a newer version of the Reader for Playbook that will let me do what I need to do?

Halafi

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 1, 2011 9:36 AM   in reply to halafi

Hello Halafi;

I feel your pain. I travel frequently and one of my main purposes for purchasing the Playbook was to read course material while I travel. I have pdf textbooks that are username and password protected that work fine on my PC, but I cannot enter the user name and password information on the playbook version of Adobe Reader (the fields are not active in the Playbook version so you can see them but cannot type information into them). I would really like to see some of these minor issues addressed, because as a business user of Adobe it is an extremely useful tool. I paid a lot of money for it, and do not believe that I should have to go and buy a utility to force textbook files to unlock when I already have purchased the rights to use them and Adobe.

hbholland

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2011 5:50 AM   in reply to halafi

Adobe Reader is a very important software!! I think it is a good way for us to look PPt!! I t is so usefull!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to rqsulfates

Adobe Reader for Playbook - NO search, NO bookmark. Almost makes the Adobe Reader useless. What were they thinking? I wish there was an alternative!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 6:47 AM   in reply to Ken Linton

Agreed, Reader for PlayBook should have all the regular reader features.

When the reader for iOS was launched

Interact with PDF files:

• Search text to find specific information

• Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file

• Select single page or continuous scroll modes

• Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view

• Quickly navigate through large files using thumbnails

• Select and copy text from a PDF file to the clipboard

Reader fo the Android

Interact with PDF files

• Search text to find specific information

• Use bookmarks to jump directly to a section in your PDF file

• Select single page or continuous scroll modes

• Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view

• Quickly navigate through large files using thumbnails

• Select and copy text from a PDF file to the clipboard

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 23, 2012 11:17 PM   in reply to halafi

This is pathetic, No search feature/bookmarks/thumbnails ?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to halafi

It seems like a lot of developers half do their blackberry playbook apps but are fully commented to the other platforms.  The playbook is a good device with lots of users, we just need developers to support it like the other two.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to Black_berry_pb

Clearly nobody's listening at Adobe. So as a service to people who really need a pdf reader, I might mention that Repligo for android can be sideloadeded easily and works flawlessly. It's a beautiful app. Check the Crackberry forums for how-to.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 7:14 AM   in reply to katydragon

Any idea if Repligo allows you to enter a login and password for locked .pdf files? That is one of the major drawbacks of the adobe pb version, and I can't use it at all for that reason.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to hbholland

I wasn't sure so went to Repligo website. They're "investigating " the possibility of a version for PlayBook but nothing yet. The android version appears to support some password protected files but not others. See full description at www.cerience.com/support/android-password-protected.  so depending on the type of password protection you have, it may not work for you...we'll just have to keep hoping someone wakes up at Adobe.

Hope this helps. There are other pdf readers for Android too, but Repligo is the only one I've tried. All would have to be sideloaded.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points