Skip navigation
Michelle_vey
Currently Being Moderated

Creating a native extension that needs to link to libicucore.dylib

Feb 1, 2012 10:05 AM

I'm trying to get ADT to link with libicucore.dylib and I've read http://blogs.adobe.com/rajorshi/2011/11/16/ios5-support-for-airusing-e xternal-sdks-to-package-apps/ multiple times.

I've created a file called platformoptions.xml that looks like:

<platform xmlns=”http://ns.adobe.com/air/extension/3.1″>

<sdkVersion>5.0</sdkVersion>
     <linkerOptions>
          <option>-licucore</option>
     </linkerOptions>
</platform>

And I've added -platformoptions platformoptions.xml to my ane build script, so it looks like:

../../../AdobeAIRSDK/bin/adt -package -target ane myNativeExtension.ane extension.xml -swc myNativeExtension.swc -platform iPhone-ARM library.swf myNativeExtension.a -platformoptions platformoptions.xml

I've also added the following to the command line when packaging the application using ADT -platformsdk /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.0.sdk /, so it looks like:

../../AdobeAIRSDK/bin/adt -package -target ipa-debug -connect 10.0.1.7 -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "./iphone_dev.p12" -storepass *** -provisioning-profile "./my.mobileprovision" "myLibTester.ipa" "myLibTester-app.xml" "BFGLibTester.swf" "icon" "Default@2x~iphone.png" "Default~iphone.png" "Default-Landscape.png" "Default-Portrait.png" -extdir "./extensions" -platformsdk "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.0.sd k/"

But I’m still getting undefined symbols for everything from that library:

"_uregex_appendTail", referenced from:

_rkl_replaceAll in libcom.my.NativeExtensions.ios.mylibNativeExtension.a(RegexKitLite.o)

etc...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michelle

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2012 10:26 PM   in reply to Michelle_vey

Have you added -licucore in Other Linker flags under Xcode project settings, while creating your .a?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 2, 2012 2:33 AM   in reply to Michelle_vey

I was talking about going to your Xcode settings>Build>Linking> and adding -licucore in the Other Linker Flags section. I haven't tried this though.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 6, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to Michelle_vey

Hi Michelle,

Feel free to send them via email to me (ccampbel@adobe.com) and I can forward them along to the appropriate person or you can send me a dropbox link.  Our corporate firewall typically blocks attachments for most people but I've had my email settings changed so that these get through to me.

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points