Skip navigation
Geeky-G
Currently Being Moderated

Numbering and Bullets

Jan 23, 2012 9:14 AM

I hope this is an easy question and I am just an idiot for not fiquering it out on my own...

I am creating a CBT with Caprivate 5. When using Bullets or Numbering, I can not continue with the sequence on the next slide.

Example...

(Slide 1)

Types of Fish

1. Salt Water

A. White Meat

i. Cod

ii. Cusk

iii. Summer Flounder

B. Light Meat

i. Smelt

ii. Whiting

iii. Grouper

(Slide 2)

Types of Fish (cont)

C. Dark Meat

i. Eel

ii. Carp

iii. Pollock

Problem is slide 2 starts over as A instead of C.

Types of Fish (cont)

A. Dark Meat

i. Eel

ii. Carp

iii. Pollock

Anyone know what to do as I am manually fixing the numbering and it throws off the flow.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 23, 2012 4:51 PM   in reply to Geeky-G

If these lists are on separate captions, let alone separate slides, Captivate would naturally assume that they don't belong to the same list order.

Your method of hardcoding in the numbering is the only way I know to do it.

Once you've set up the numbering though, it should look fine.  It's only a bit of extra work when creating the content, isn't it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to Geeky-G

You could do the numbering in Word then copy and paste into Captivate. I haven't checked that though.

But why do you want to format your content this way? What benefit are you trying to achieve?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 6:21 AM   in reply to Geeky-G

Well, that's a start. I'm not sure I can think of a better way to get content like that in to Captivate.

On the wider issue, I don't want to start second guessing your choices for the delivery methods for your courses, but are you sure Captivate or even elearning is the best method for this content?

elearning generally doesn't really work that well for that kind of large scale information. My preference would be a good old pdf or html help document.

If you're using Captivate because you need to test you could always put the information in the pdf and just have the quiz in Captivate.

I'm not criticising your choice by the way; I don't know the background about the project. Just offering a different perspective

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points