Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why am I getting HTML converter expired message?

Feb 1, 2012 4:14 AM

I have been testing the HTML converter and very please but now I canot use it as it says it has expired and wont let me download another.

What am I missing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2012 5:55 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

I'm getting the same message this morning.  It was working fine yesterday.  Have you found out what the problem is?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2012 8:41 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

I am getting the same error.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 5:21 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

I am also getting this error.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 10:25 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

Also getting this error, tweeted a couple of people at Adobe, and @AdobeLabs... no response yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

Uninstalled, re-installed, changed computer date - no luck! It worked on Tuesday!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to Doggone22

Something tells me that someone at Adobe screwed up the timing on this or they expected to have a new preview was supposed to be available by 01 February.

Hopefully Adobe will address this quickly as they have webinars scheduled later this month to show people how to use the converter.

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2012/01/captivate-training-creating-h tml5-courses-for-ipad-using-adobe-captivate-5-5-and-html5-converter.ht ml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to gps03

Also getting the same message - tried downloading it yesterday

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to FreddieWH

I was getting the same error. Called Adobe Customer Support and they sent me a new converter. You may want to first uninstall the converter and upgrade Adobe Air before calling.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to FreddieWH

I too, am getting the same error.  Thanks for letting us know about calling Adobe Customer Support.  They really should update their download of the current converter.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 5:38 PM   in reply to Jason C Smith

Called Customer Support and they hooked me up with a new one after checking my Adobe ID.  Looks like I'm back in business.  If you get there, I recommend uninstalling the old one first.

Adobe Support and Customer Service

800-833-6687  -  Going through the phone tree - look for Captivate issues.
    Monday–Friday, 5am–7pm PST

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2012 5:56 PM   in reply to Jason C Smith

I just had an online chat to adobe support - here is the chat transcript if anybody is interested:

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Hussain.

Hussain: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Hussain: Hi Alison.

Hussain: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe while I review your request?

alison: gamcleavy@aapt.net.cu

alison: sorry- gamcleavy@aapt.net.au

Hussain: Thank you for the email ID.

Hussain: Could you please elaborate the issue?

alison: On the Adobe labs section - there is a link to upload the HTML5 converter for adobe captivate 5.5. It appears there is definately a problem with the file. The following message appears 'HTML converter is expired please contact adobe support'

alison: It also appears that quite a few people are experiencing the same problem - if you refer to the two forum posts

Hussain: Thank you for elaborating the issue.

Hussain: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

alison: so does that mean that the issue will be fixed soon?

Hussain: I checked and see that this is a technical issue, you will have to contact our technical support team to resolve this issue.

Hussain: I will provide the phone number to contact our technical team.

Hussain: The technical-phone support number is 800-833-6687. They will be available 5 days a week, Monday-Friday 05:00 Am -07:00 PM (Pacific Time).

Hussain: Please do make a note of the above number. 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 12:37 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

Same problem.   It still worked last Friday.  Today it does not work.  Adobe Air has loaded an update.  Could it be related to that?  

Does anyone have a solution yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

I have it from an Adobe eLearning Evangelist (@poojajaisingh) that preview 2 was set ot expire 31 January and that a new version will be uploaded to the labs today. See: https://twitter.com/#!/poojajaisingh/status/165320196238741504

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 7:21 AM   in reply to Bobbejaanspanner

Looks like the Adobe Captivate team is posting a new version today out on their site.  If you don't want to wait, you might try this:

Call Customer Support and go through the phone tree to get Captivate support.  They'll ask you a series of questions, then send you the version that doesn't expire after Jan 31, 2012.

Adobe Support and Customer Service

800-833-6687  -  Going through the phone tree - look for Captivate issues.
    Monday–Friday, 5am–7pm PST

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 7:29 AM   in reply to FreddieWH

The new version is available on labs, though you have to click through to the downloads page to see that it is indeed the updated version.

new.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points