Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash XML movie stopped loading.

Feb 2, 2012 5:35 PM

Tags: #flash #swf #swfobject #fla

Hi. 

My site: http://www.triart-studio.com was working fine.  I didn't touch it or anything and now it simply won't load in any browser.  I simply get a black region where the swf movie is supposed to be.  I thought that maybe the files got corrupted in the server, but it won't even open from my local directory.  I tried updating the Flash version of the published swf, but it simply won't work in ANY browser.

The swf plays on its own, but not when inserted into an html page.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks in advanced.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 3, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to triart

The file is loading, just not any of its content.  Does it happen to load other files, and is it possible that one of those files is not available such that it is stalling your swf?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2012 7:58 PM   in reply to triart

If I try to link directly to the swf on the server, it remains just a black screen,meaning the swf is there and trying to load, but nothing loads.  If I download the swf and try to play it from my desktop I only get some sort of background image with what appears to be a narrow sort of preloader bar looking thing but it is not doing anything.

The embedding code on the page is the old style, so if you have a newer version of Flash, have it publish a new html page and try that on the server.  Doin so will likely require you uploading a javascript file as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 5:49 AM   in reply to triart

There could well be a disconnect with the xml file somehow.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points