Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 - INSTALLATION ERROR(S)

Feb 4, 2012 8:55 AM

Tags: #cs5 #cs5.5 #dreamweaver #dreamweaver_cs5 #code

I have attempted several times to install this program from a retail disc with serial number. It seems to hang up in the beginning of the installation before it has calculated install amount remaining (0%). Anyway, it appears to hang when installing: "Microsoft_VC90_CRT.X86"

At the conclusion of the attempt, which takes several minutes this is what I get:      Exit Code: 7     Summary: 27 errors and 23 warnings.

One of my attempts to install the program was: "from the desktop" as described on the Adobe site as well as using a "selective startup" mode.

I am at a loss to fix the installation and live chat has been painful and useless. I did download and use Adobe Support Advisor and this is what it found: Issue Description: cpsid_90243rr: Error DW020 or DW050 occurs during installation-Creative Suite 5.5, Flash CS5.5, Flash Builder 4.5

To date, I have about 4 hours of time just trying to install this software and am getting pretty frustrated with the difficulty finding an answer. I have never had such trouble installing out of the box software before and to make matters worse I have been getting very poor Adobe help or support after the sale.

Any help to identify the problem and get me going would be greatly appreciated.

System:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6, Black

Memory: 8Gb

Drive 1Tb.

Video: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

Windows 7 Sp1

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 4, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to perplexed123

perplexed123 wrote:

At the conclusion of the attempt, which takes several minutes this is what I get:      Exit Code: 7     Summary: 27 errors and 23 warnings.

What does that error log (27 errors and 23 warnings) say specifically?

Try

Install error "Exit Code: 6" or "Exit Code: 7" | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84332.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to perplexed123

I experienced the same thing when install dreamweaver in windows 7. What is the solution?

Look at this image:

dreamweavercs5.5_errors.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2012 2:18 PM   in reply to Gee Lang

I paid for the online download of Dreamweaver CS5.5 this weekend and unfortunately I repeatedly get the following message even after rebooting the computer:

"Update Progress

Please close the following applications to continue:

Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 (Dreamweaver.exe)."

I did a search in my Windows 7 operating system, but found no ".exe" file to close.   But if I close Dreamweaver, itself, how could I effect the updating process?  

I'm perplexed, as I have never had so much trouble downloading a software upgrade before (during nearly 2 decades of doing so).  

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:11 PM   in reply to DreamWeaverBeliever

I don't know, if it's still relevant. I had the same problem. After days or weeks trying I installed WindowsServer. At the same time I downgraded to an older sevicepack. Then I could install it. I thought it has been the WindowsServer. I didn't install it, when I was installing the Internet Explorer. so here you can download it. It's in the IE-package:

for 64bit systems:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=23332

Hope it works for you too,

greetings from Germany (so sorry, if my english is not well),

iIrRm

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to iIrRm

Hi:

I eventually called in to Adobe and they informed me that I needed to search for   Dreamweaver.exe   in the search bar of my Windows System 7 operating system.   I did so and followed their instructions (which I don't recall at the moment) and resolved the problem.   Thanks for the suggestion though.  

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points