Skip navigation
Jack Latham
Currently Being Moderated

Media encoder won't load PP project

Sep 9, 2011 10:55 PM

CS 4 Media encoder and Premier Pro

I can't get ME to load my PP project on my PC, yet everything works fine on my lap top.  Yes, I have now uninstalled and reinstalled CS 4 two times - with no success.  I have even made things very simple by trying to load just one 30 second clip with no effects.  The loading of the project seems to never start.  I am following the same procedure as on my lap top and thus know how it is susposed to work.   I must have some setting wrong on my PC - but I don't know where.  Very frustraded with the time I have spent - - any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to Jack Latham

Is this a new problem? That is, have you ever been able to load a PPROJ in AME on your PC? If so, has anything changed on the PC--new codec installed, new anti-virus, new hardware, ...?

Are you attempting to export the project from Premiere, are do you launch AME independently and then attempt to import the project? If you've tried only export from Premiere, please launch AME by itself and, assuming it succeeds in starting, start by importing a single clip. If that works, then try importing a PPROJ.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2011 4:21 PM   in reply to Jack Latham

Yes, everything points to a corrupt file in the AppData\...\AdobeMediaEncoder folder being the culprit. What logging in as another user does is basically circumvent files under {user}\AppData.

The normal culprit is a preference file for the application itself, but that can't the problem in your case since logging in as a different user did the trick, but deleting that whole folder did not. However, the problem is almost certainly with another file somewhere within AppData. The first one I'd try is C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME. That's where custom presets, among other things, are stored.

Others:

• C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files
    • C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\{version #}\AMEPrefs.xml (rename the AMEPrefs file)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2011 5:40 PM   in reply to Jack Latham

I'm now confused enough that getting on the phone together seems like the quickest path to clarity and, hopefully, a resolution. Please send me your phone number at mapes <at> adobe [dot] com. And if now is not a good time to talk, please give me a few time slots to choose from.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 4:20 PM   in reply to Jack Latham

Let us know what you guys find out... I feel like I am having a very similar problem

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points