Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Server Behavior  (Building a simple recordset)

Feb 5, 2012 2:13 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #recordset #server_behavior

Hi DW friends, I'm working on the

Building your first dynamic website – Part 2: Developing the back end  by David Powers

and up to the part "Building a simple recordset". My problem is from inside the server behavior panel when I cliick the plus button at the top left of the Server Behaviors panel, the drop-down menu appears but there is no option of "Recordset"

Anyone have a suggestion how I can get the Recordset option to appear so I can setup my Recordset????

Details:

Windows Vista

CS5

thanks in advance for help and consideration.

marc

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to Marc Niola

Have you created a MySQL Connection and tested that it connects successfully to the server?

Are the Apache and MySQL servers running?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Marc Niola

If the servers are running and the connection is OK, I don't see any reason why you can't see Recordset listed. It should be at the top of the menu when you click the plus button in the Server Behaviors panel. It should also be listed in the Bindings panel.

If it's not there in either panel, try shutting down Dreamweaver and restarting. If that still doesn't work, you might need to dump your personal configuration folder (see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494812).

After that, I'm out of ideas.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points