• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder CS4 runtime error

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2008 Dec 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering why I am getting a runtime error while attempting to use Adobe Media Encoder CS4...As soon as I launch Adobe Media Encoder CS4, it crashes I have installed and reinstalled Flash a couple time, to see if this corrects the problem, which it doesn't, and just last week it was working fine...Does anybody have a ideal what is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2008 Dec 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem after upgrading from Flash MX2004 to CS4. The install went fine. After the install, I first selected the Media Encoder shortcut, and got a message about a C++ runtime error and something related to my needing to run the initial licensed application first. I ran Flash, checked and installed updates.
Now, when I launch the Encoder -- either through the shortcut or through the Flash import procedure -- I see the Encoder splash screen, version number, and a few lines scroll before an alert pops up titled "Adobe Media Encoder Debug Event". It says the Encoder has encountered an error [..\..\Src\Init.cpp-42], then terminates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2009 Jan 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem of Flash CS4, I launch Adobe Media Encoder CS4 and get an error [.. \ .. \ Src \ Init.cpp-42]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please provide the following details :
1. The OS you are on.
2. Apart from Flash CS4, do you have other Adobe products installed on your system?eg, Premiere Pro, After Effects.
3. Is this a trial install/serialized a trial install?

Some things you could try:
1. Launch Flash CS4 before launching AME.
2. Try deleting the AME preferences and then launching AME from Start>Programs>to see if that helps.On Win : C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\4.0. On Mac : /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/4.0
3. If you are trying the Flash import procedure, it could be file-specific.Try importing some other file and see if AME lauches fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XP pro
Design Premium CS4 Commercial and Audition Trial

I tried the solutions provided and the problem still exists. Any oher ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2009 Jan 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is XP Pro. I have Photoshop Elements 6. This is not a trial. It's an upgrade from MX 2004.

At Adobe's request, I uninstalled Flash and reinstalled it. No problem. I ran Flash first. No problem. I exited and then ran Media Encoder. An alert immediately popped up titled "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library". It said MediaEncoder.exe requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Loading stopped.

I then ran Flash again. No problem. I executed the Update function and among other things was upgraded to Encoder 4.0.1. I exited Flash. Ran Media Encoder. This time, the splash screen displayed, however as it was loading something "Imp..." (I can't see the rest because of the alert that pops up) another alert is displayed titled "Adobe Media Encoder Debug Event". It simply states it encountered an error, and then shows the string [..\..\Src\Init.cpp-42] and terminates.

Apparently it isn't happy with the C++ library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2009 Jan 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! New install, and I get the Windows runtime error each time I launch the encoder. Tried removing, reinstalling, it did no good. This needs to be fixed!!!!

XP, sp3, AMD processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2009 Feb 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and am having trouble getting help from the adobe support people. Have you guys found a fix?

xp, sp3, intel, lots of cs4 programs (but not the ones smdas1 mentioned), not a trial

tried ALL the suggestions above. still cannot load...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2009 Feb 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you tell us what exact kind of processor you have?
Would you know if your processor is an SSE2-enabled processor?
On some adobe products that is required: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/production/systemreqs/

Maybe this is a hardware issue since reinstalling and such won't solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2009 Feb 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem - Adobe Media Encoder crashes while loading, at the point where the splash screen indicates "Loading Audio Only". The resulting error signature says, "AppName adobe media encoder.exe AppVer: 4.0.1.0 ModName: quicktimeaudiosupport.qtx ModVer: 7.6.1.0 Offset 0007d41c

I have already started Flash CS4 to see if that may help and it did not. No updates are pending installation. CPU is Intel Core2 6300 @ 1.86GHz, Video is NVidia Quadro FX 4600.

I installed CS4 Master Collection as an upgrade to CS3 Master Collection, (The upgrade leaves CS3 installed)

Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2009 Feb 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo guys check this out
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb408630&sliceId=1
I think it has to do with your processor..mines an Athlon XP and won't work :(
Has to be SSE2. There is a hyperlink on the page to verify if your processor is affected. Link for Processor Specs
Sucks to be me I guess...Thought I would share the info though
Good luck guys!
jato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2009 May 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, only on my G5 and not my laptop. It starts up and then quits right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we aren't going to be able to use it unless we upgrade or buy a new computer?If so can somebody tell me a similar program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem - Adobe Media Encoder crashes:

======================================

Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an error.

[..\..\Src\Win\WinFile.ccp-754]

======================================

Clean Installation, Vista 64 + CS4 Master Collection, all Updates (30 Min, one Restart) CS4 Vista 64bit, Intel Core2  Duo T9300 @ 2.50GHz, Video Ati Radeon HD 2600 XT.

Sorry, CS4 Master Collection is a nightmare, it is unproffesionell!!!

Help please!

A really frustrated User!!

Helmut Lehmeyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a runtime error, saying the program has asked to be terminated in an unexpected way.

Using Athlon XP 2600+ processor

Wonder if it will be fixed or ignored...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2009 Sep 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rharvster wrote:

I get a runtime error, saying the program has asked to be terminated in an unexpected way.

Using Athlon XP 2600+ processor

Wonder if it will be fixed or ignored...

Ditto:

Same error message.... Same processor...

Actually the exact message is:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program...

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I get runtime error in Flash CS4. For example when I select text field opens dialog box and then drops down Flash:

MS Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS4\Flash.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the applications support team for more information. 

If you have solution write it please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is to use a different computer - one with a processor that supports SS2 (or something like that) that the Athlon XP processors do not support.

Newer processors *should* support it.

I got a newer system but have not migrated CS4 to that system to check it yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2009 Nov 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this helps anyone else, bt the runtime errors i have been getting occur when I try to build and burn a blu-ray file. And they happen intermittently. In fact, on this project, I had burned several test blu-rays without difficulty. When I made one minor change on the penultimate version, and tried to burn again, the system crashed with a run time error. Then it crashed 9 more times over the course of the week.

Finally in frustration, I created an interim ISO file in Encore- ie in the build workstream, i selected burn an image file rather than burning a blu-ray disk. After this intermediate step completed, i then did a separate burn in encore but burned from the image file. No snags.

Not sure why but this program has trouble doing a sequence of activities. As it is, I already render and save the file before burning. Now I have another interim step to create an image file before burning.

In my next hardware change, I am going to switch to make Mac and Apple software. Enough of MS Windows and Adobe, the GM and Chrysler of the software industry. Hopefully what my friends tell me is true; that Apple stuff actually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2009 Nov 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Try this:

deactivate your Adobe software pack uninstall it (and other professional software that needs deactivate and uninstall before next step). Then reinstall your OS, after reinstall turn off automatic updates (OS WIN) and also dont update in between install. Install drivers (for your hardware), etc. Then install Adobe software pack aktivate it. And it may work. In my way it working.

Have a nice day.

mio_kol

P.S.:this may work for everybody who has runtime error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mio_kol wrote:

Hello,

Try this:

deactivate your Adobe software pack uninstall it (and other professional software that needs deactivate and uninstall before next step). Then reinstall your OS, after reinstall turn off automatic updates (OS WIN) and also dont update in between install. Install drivers (for your hardware), etc. Then install Adobe software pack aktivate it. And it may work. In my way it working.

Have a nice day.

mio_kol

P.S.:this may work for everybody who has runtime error.

"Then reinstall your OS..."     laughable. this is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear vivid007,

you wrote : "laughable. ...". From my position it isnt because I need to work with Adobe CS4 package all the day everyday and that was the fastest solution. But if you have some usable solution just write it... Because I just want to help to somebody who is in the same position like I was.

So if you have something usable than write it. And unusable (like your words: "Then reinstall your OS..."     laughable. this is not a solution.") write to another corporations.

Thanks.

MM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with info@h-m-l.de in post 13. Very unprofessional garbage Adobe has released. Feels like a beta. I've heard others on the forums defending this release, but they are out of their minds. Maybe they're paid by Adobe to say that. This shit crashes so often it's unreal. My livelyhood depends on these programs, we paid 2500 bucks for this junk, and it just doesn't work.

And no Adobe, don't say it does, or you Adobe lovers. Premiere or AE working all the way up until you render, then crashing does me absolutely no good. In fact, it's worse, because I spent a month on this animation and now it seems I won't be able to render. CS4 Master Collection is absolute garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 25, 2010 Jan 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on my mac when I changed computers and

upgraded to snow leopard. The media encoder crashed and gave an

error. I then uninstalled Flash CS4 and reinstalled it and now it works. Probably

there is something changed or deleted during the upgrade, which causes this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2010 Feb 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same error and I found the cause.

Earlier today I used the program for the first time without an issue.  I then had to install the trial version of Camtasia 6 to work on an associate's files.  After then creating an avi from after effects I wanted to use the media encoder to export an f4v file but got the error.  I tried reinstalling production premium but still got the error.  I uninstalled the camtasia trial and now media encoder works fine.  Hopefully that helps some of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines