Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Export param UI goes wrong when exporting sequence?

Feb 7, 2012 8:03 PM

Tags: #exporter_api #parameter_ui

Hi,

I'm making an exporter plug-in using Premiere Pro SDK 5.5.

I'm adding some parameters in exSelGenerateDefaultParams. These including some tabs, groups and params in each group.

But when exporting in sequence, the UI messed up, all the tab and group names don't show,  excluding the audio and video tab (which name already defined in PrSDKExportParamSuite.h).

Sorry guys edited: the params name do shows, but not the groups and tabs names.

When I export the file (clicking the file and Ctrl+M), the groups & tabs names show nomally.

Another note, I removed some of Premiere already defined commons param like video width(ADBEVideoWidth), height (ADBEVideoHeight), or audio channels (ADBEAudioNumChannels), sample rate (ADBEAudioRatePerSecond), pretty much everything except for ADBETopParamGroup, ADBEVideoTabGroup, and ADBEAudioTabGroup. Since I have no need for them in my plug-in.

Is the removal of those param the cause of my problem? Or something else? I'll very appreciate if any one encountered the same problems or have knowledge about them would help me.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2012 10:41 AM   in reply to Dinhmc01539

it would seem that you do need those Params to keep the gui engine happy.  so just set them to .hidden = kPrTrue;

if its not that its because you have HasVideo and HasAudio == false. one has to be true to draw the tabs.

also the example throws you off a bit - you have to create the heirachy in Gen'DefaultP() but populate their values inc strings in PostProcess'()

one thing missing in the example is that you need to do a GetParam() on every element in PostProcess'() to get the last-session preset - otherwise it'll use the default values. this matters big time coz when you do an Export you need that PostProcess step to fill in the presets set by the user vs the defaults.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to Dinhmc01539

I've noticed that if you open the same thing again (eg Ctrl-M on the same sequence or in AME right-click RESET STATUS) that the gui is cached and doesn't call PostProcessParams() again. if you're mistakingly setting up the tabs in there that would explain why you don't get your gui.

Delete the epr file as outlined in the docs on caching to experiment. Note that the current settings are not saved to this epr file until AME is closed... so if you hit STOP in the debugger instead of closing the program your epr will not get updated and you'll see the same preset corruption over and over again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Dinhmc01539

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers