• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

StageVideo playing streams seamlessly.

Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently working in a project for IOS and Android using Adobe AIR where we will have a sequence of videos (locally) playing one after each other.

I have been playing around with the SatgeVideo which offers an amazing performance but it gets really frustrating whenever I have to join videos together. Using the normal Video Object and flv files works fine except that the performance is horrible.

Whenever I swap the stream using StageVideo the stage blinks, it feels like the StageVideo clears itself before playing a new stream while using a normal Video object works as it should.

Is this a bug?, is it the StageVideo default behavior?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forwarding to the iOS team for their review.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris.

Also it seems to happen not only in AIR but eveyrhwere when using StageVideo. See for example the StageVideo example posted by Thibault Imbert long ago where he was showing how to switch between StageVideo and normal video.

http://www.bytearray.org/wp-content/projects/simplestagevideo/

When you go from normal video to StageVideo the video seems to clear itself. The same occurs if you want to concatenate streams while using the StageVideo.

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes while swicthing the videos with the stagevideo first stage clears itself and then only attaches next videostream and that is why you are seeing that blink .

But it is a bad user experience so could you please open a new bug report on this over at bugbase.adobe.com? Please include sample media, code, project or app to help us reproduce the problem. Once the bug has been added would you mind posting back with the URL so that others affected can add their votes and comments?

Thanks!

Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I realize it has been 9 months since this thread has been updated, but I wanted to point out that Luis did in fact report this issue as a bug against Air 3.2:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3133620

That bug was recently CLOSED for no good reason, despite being voted on by others, and Luis did attach sample code (although granted it needed some media and some additional UI to invoke the switch).

I recently commented on that bug, and attached a new, fully functioning test application that demonstrates the problem.  However, my concern is that nobody is going to look at the bug because it has been closed, and an adobe staff member requested that I open a new bug against 3.5.

The problem with this is that a new bug will not have any votes, nor will it be clear how long this has been a problem for AIR developers on iOS.  I actually cannot even use 3.5 due to a more significant bug (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3365345) that causes mp4 playback to simply fail to render.

How can we go about having these issues addressed?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines