Skip navigation
MK4Malore
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Randomly Changed Appearance of Folder Names...

Feb 7, 2012 5:30 PM

Tags: #names #bridge #change #random #folder

I searched for an answer to this problem for 10 minutes, but I couldn't find anything. So, here I am.

Ok, so, my copy of Bridge CS5 4.0.0.529 used to show the names of my folders very similar to how Finder does. Meaning that the name of the folder used to just be right under the folder itself.

Well now, all of a sudden and for no apparent reason, Bridge puts the name of my folder in a "bubble" like label OVER the folder. You may be thinking, "Wow, this guy is way too picky." Well, that's not the major problem. The major problem is that Bridge decided to do it for SOME folders, and not others. So, to find a folder, I now have to select one, and scroll left or right until I find the folder I want as it won't give me the name of the folder unless it is selected.

I'm losing my mind!

It will, however, show the name of all of the folders if I make the icons at the bottom, HUGE, but that's stupid. I don't want to make them huge. I prefer to have them small, and my images large. I also refuse to use Bridge in any mode besides Filmstrip. For me, it's the best way to use Bridge.

Can anybody help me get it back to the way it was?

Please?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Screen shot 2012-02-07 at 3.27.59 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-02-07 at 3.28.14 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2012 7:31 PM   in reply to MK4Malore

Just looking at the screen shots the thumbnail sliders are very different (right bottom), also evident in size of folders.

Bridge is just a browser, and so unlikely to change anything on its own, so you must have changed formating somewhere, changed workspace?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2012 12:46 AM   in reply to MK4Malore

GOT IT! Just went up to "output" and hit "reset standard workspaces".

If I may add a few observations:

The behavior you are showing in the screenshots is typical for having set the content panel to 'show thumbnail only'. It is under the view menu and might also have occurred with hitting accidentally the cmd/ctrl + T key combination.

Resetting workspace also set's the thumbnail info per your setting in the Bridge preferences settings for Thumbnail/details. Just try it once to check

Another mayor point is that you did not ran the updater end still have the first version instead of the latest release 4.0.5.11, You will benefit from that update, be sure to have also the ACR 6.6 plug in installed, the 6.5 plug in did cause some bugs.

I also believe (not sure, long time ago) that the updater solved the problem you are seeing with some folders with and some without names.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points