Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

An Extension that allows user to scrub a 3-d image

Feb 7, 2012 2:32 PM

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to take a rendering/animation that its flash or an animated gif, that has every frame photographed around an object, and animates on its own now.

What I would like is the ability for a user, on a tablet or iPhone or any smartphone, to be able to use their finger with some kind of scrubby element that lets them move the image to different locations.

Is there any extension that anyone knows out there to do this, or can anyone guide me in the right direction.

I was thinking of trying something in Flash, but then, I can't use it on an iPad or iPhone.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks

babs

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 7, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to iBabs2

You can always code it in Flash as a timeline animation with touch-based buttons using AS 3.0...  Then for the iOS port you can use the Publish Settings to export it to iOS.  It's been a while since I have transferred anything to iOS but my belief is that it can still be done.  But do be careful the way you code because your app could get corrupted.  I've cded somewhat poorly in the past and ported to iOS AND Android and both files got corrupted.  I'm not sure what I can do about it but give it a shot.  If you have an Android device or emulator it would be worth publishing your Flash work as an Android app as well.

All of this porting is done from within Flash, not Dreamweaver, by the way.

Message was edited by: markerline

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 6:38 AM   in reply to iBabs2

Which version of Flash / Creative Suite do you have?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to iBabs2

For cs5.0 the iOS option might only be available if you downloaded the extension for Flash from Adobe Labs.  It would be an option in the publish settings called iPhone OS.  For the latest CS this option is available by default and is known as AIR for iOS in the publish settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 11:09 AM   in reply to iBabs2

Ha!  Yes indeed.  I'm not actually sure if those things are called extensions for Flash but I am familiar with Adobe's Extension Manager so it very well could have been an extension instead of a plug-in.  When you get home and try it let us know in the forum of your successes and/or failures regarding this.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 5:46 PM   in reply to iBabs2

Well I was glad to help but I think you misunderstood.  Your CS at home (5.5) has the publish settings installed already.  You don't need an extension for Flash.  But if you're trying to build an HTML banner then you might consider using Adobe Edge Preview to see if you can publish something with HTML5 and CSS3 and JavaScript in Edge Preview.  I think that is available at Adobe Labs also but you can do a simple search for Adobe Edge Preview in www.adobe.com or in a search engine.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to iBabs2

What do you get if you do the following?:

File>New>ActionScript 3.0 ...... AIR for Android.....AIR for iOS in the list of file tables that you can create?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to markerline

btw if you do get those options create a new AS3.0 file and then change your Publish Settings to output to AIR for iOS rather than starting with an AIR for iOS file.  That way you can debug properly in Flash first using the SWF playback engine.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 6:05 PM   in reply to iBabs2

That's good news that your Flash Pro is the same as mine.  Now on to building something.  I'll check this thread again tomorrow to see if you have posted any updates.

Best,

-markerline

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 6:12 PM   in reply to iBabs2

Oh!!!  I forgot to mention.  You won't be able to port anything to an iOS device unless you purchase an Apple iOS Developer license from apple's website.  Flash requires that you enter some of those credentials that are created for you when you get your license and submit an application into the Publish Settings (such as certificates information)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points