Skip navigation
davidh12345
Currently Being Moderated

XP... was there a change in Shockwave in mid-Jan?

Feb 8, 2012 10:13 AM

Was there an update to Shockwave in mid-Jan this year? I'm getting DCR errors reported since then ("unable to set property"), but nothing I can see has changed on my PC (XP 32 bit).

It's browser unrelated, since the self-same error occurs in both Chrome and Firefox. Using the Adobe uninstaller and then going for a fresh re-install does not fix the problem, any more than (temporarily) disabling all security/firewalls does.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions... I've done all the obvious things...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 8, 2012 8:27 PM   in reply to davidh12345

No, the latest Shockwave Player update was early Nov 2011, to 11.6.3.633.

What version do you have installed?  See http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to davidh12345

We just started getting reports of XP problems using some of our online interactives. Tried troubleshooting with the person and her tech support folks - tried reinstalling FULL installer, etc. but we were not successful. Sent them an offline version, instead, but I'm hoping this isn't a trend. They were using Firefox 10, so that may have been the culprit. I tried to get them to test in with Explorer, but they didn't use that browser. Since this all  started in mid-January, as well,  I figured I'd mention it here in case we have a pattern developing...  

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 9, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to davidh12345

We've already lost Safari access and Lion access .... I'm hoping XP isn't the next to fail.   Since it's only been a randomly reported problem, and others have successfully used our programs with XP, it may be tied to some other configuration issue with that user's school set up .

PS  We did not offer then an offline XP install -- I offered an offline (burned to CD) version of the Shockwave program that did not require a browser plug in. It was the projector file instead of the dcr.   Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. Kind of pathetic that to guarantee compatibility with the newer computers, we have to give them a cd, but so far, that seems to be working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points