Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot View PDF on Ubuntu 11.10 Linux

Dec 7, 2011 6:59 PM

Tags: #pdf #linux #acroread

Acroread on Ubuntu 11.10 with Gnome 3 is broken.  The user cannot use the scroll bars to scroll the document either vertically or horizontally.  The Gnome 3 scroll operators appear to work, but the document display does not scroll.  The mouse wheel and PgUp and PgDn keys can be used to scroll the document vertically, but there is no way to scroll horizontally.  The functionality is broken both when AcroRead is invoked as a Firefox plugin and when it is invoked to open a PDF file.

I need a solution for this yesterday.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 7, 2011 7:27 PM   in reply to jcobban

I just successfully used scrolling hztl and vtcl using Document Viewer in Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit virtual machine.  I do not know how to access AcroRead.  The default plugin for PDF's in my config is Document Viewer 3.2.1 .

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2011 8:02 AM   in reply to jcobban

I tried to look into getting AcroRead onto my 64-bit Linux build but as it stands they are all i386-platform based.  So if you're running a 64-bit Linux can you let me know which commandline tools you used to download the proper architecture version so I can try to troubleshoot for you?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2012 8:01 PM   in reply to markerline

markerline,

You can run acroread under nspluginwrapper.  What distribution are you using?  It most likely supplies nspluginwrapper.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points