Skip navigation

Extension does not contain valid signature

Sep 13, 2011 5:36 AM

Latest reply: d3mac123, Dec 2, 2013 6:58 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 9, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to david_a_clark

I’m actually trying to figure out why the menu bar icon for AUM is missing on workstations after upgrading from 10.6.8 to Lion.

In the past, the AUM / Extension Manager icon was there, with a number indicating how many updates were available on our local AUM server.

Thanks

Victor

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2012 3:27 AM   in reply to vicorly

I can't understand what "menu bar icon" and "workstations" mean. Could you give some explanation or screenshot? Does this has anything to do with signature?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to Carl Sun

I have a customer who is seeing this error (does not contain a valid signature) in CC even (Extension Manager 7.0.1.133). I cannot replicate this issue on my system. The extension is signed with a valid (not expired) certificate.

Does anyone know of a fix for this error with EM CC?

P.S. My 2 cents: I agree with Harbs. Signing certificates seem like an unnecessary hurdle. They cause more problems than they help.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2013 11:03 PM   in reply to Justin Putney

Please download and install signature validation tool from http://www.adobe.com/mena_fr/devnet/air/flash/quickstart/articles/xml_ signatures.html. Unzip your extension to a folder then run this tool. Click "Load Signature" button and browse to the META-INF/signatures.xml in the folder mentioned above. Click "Verify Signature" button. Please check the result and paste the result here.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 10:40 AM   in reply to Carl Sun

Thanks for your reply, Carl. It looks like there are no issues listed:

Signature status: valid

Digest status: valid

Identity status: valid

Reference status: valid

Signing certificate information:

Common name field: Ajar Productions

Distinguished name field: email=[removed], cn=Ajar Productions, o=Ajar Productions, l=Sonoma, st=CA, c=US

Extended key usage OIDs: 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.3

Trust settings: signing, codeSigning

Package files:

mimetype verified.

com.ajarproductions.in5.mxi verified.

help/in5_help.pdf verified.

in5.jsxbin verified.

...etc (all files say 'verified')...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 5:50 PM   in reply to Justin Putney

You said you can’t reproduce this issue on your system. Please ask your customer to run this tool in his/her system and check the result. You can also send your extension to exman.beijing@gmail.com<mailto:exman.beijing@gmail.com> so that we can have a test.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 7:44 PM   in reply to Carl Sun

What would make it different on another computer? It's the same ZXP. Shouldn't the signature be the same?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 7:56 PM   in reply to Justin Putney

The signature does is the same. But different computers have different certificate trust store and different Internet connection (Extension Manager has to access timestamp server and CRL server during signature validation). You also said this issue occurred in one customer’s computer but not on your computer.

You can also ask the customer to disable Internet access in Extension Manager CC temporarily then install this extension again to see whether it makes any difference. To achieve this, click “Tools” -> “Preferences…” menu item, then uncheck “Allow Extension Manager to access Internet”.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 7:59 PM   in reply to Carl Sun

The customer was able to install by disabling internet access for EM. Is there a way to avoid this?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 3, 2013 8:29 PM   in reply to Justin Putney

Then I guess this issue is related to the special CRL info in the signature. Have your customer updated Extension Manager to the latest version? Now the 7.1 update is available.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2013 4:44 PM   in reply to Carl Sun

I'm checking with the customer to see if he'll try the 7.1 update of EM.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 11:38 AM   in reply to Carl Sun

Carl,

I am having the same issue with my extension. I donwloaded the application you mentioned above but I cannot find a way to unzip my ZXP file and I dob't see any META-INF/signatures.xml on my computer. What should I do here?

For your info, it is not working on CS6 (here, it starts the installation, then shows the message and do the rollback) and CC (here, it shows the message at the beginning). I used the same pkey in another extension and it is working perfectly...

If I generate the ZXP file using AEM CS6 (without the signature) it installs perfectly in both CC and CS6.

Thanks,

Alex

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 2:27 PM   in reply to d3mac123

I got the issue (it did not have anything to do with the certification). I had a file with spaces in the name "Sprite Sheet.jsx" and this was the culprit. As soon as I renamed it to "Sprite_Sheet.jsx" everything worked.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2013 5:12 PM   in reply to d3mac123

Glad to know your issue was solved. The ZXP file is actually a standard zip file. So you can unzip it with any unzip tools such as 7-zip or winzip, winrar. After unzip, you can find META-INF/signatures.xml in the unzipped folder.

It's strange that the problem was caused by the space character in file name. I wonder if it is possible for you to send your old extension (with signature and with space in file name) to exman.beijing@gmail.com so that we can check it. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2013 11:28 PM   in reply to d3mac123

I checked your extension. There is a line in the mxi file as follows:

<file source="Sprite Sheet Exporter.jsx" destination="$scripts\" file-type="ordinary" />

But there is no such file in the zxp. There is only "Sprite_Sheet_Exporter.jsx" in the zxp.

In the signatures.xml, there are references of digest value for both "Sprite Sheet Exporter.jsx" and "Sprite_Sheet_Exporter.jsx". During verifying file digest, Extension Manager can't find "Sprite Sheet Exporter.jsx" in the file system. This is why the signature is invalid. I am not clear why such signature was created.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to Carl Sun

this is very strange as, originally, only Sprite Sheet Exporter.jsx existed. Then I renamed it and the ZXP worked. Then I (re)renamed it back to Sprite Sheet Exporter, and send it to you. I have no idea why the signatures.xmls has both...

Alex Souza

Founder

http://www.kwiksher.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/@kwiksher

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kwiksher

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)