• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Range of Debugging IP Addresses

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there was a way to add a range of IPs to the "Debugging IP Addresses" page in the CF Administrator.  I would like to use this feature to keep most unwanted people from seeing the messages, but everyone who needs access is using dynamic IP addresses or is using a VPN so I can't have a set list of a few IPs.  For example, could I add something like 123.123.*.*   ? 

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

No, I don't think it will let you use anything except actual IP addresses. You could accomplish what you want in code pretty easily, though, by enabling debug output universally then disable it using the CFSETTING tag and a bit of conditional logic.

That said, you should not of course have debugging enabled in production as it will significantly degrade performance - whether users see the debug output or not.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think it will let you use anything except actual IP addresses. You could accomplish what you want in code pretty easily, though, by enabling debug output universally then disable it using the CFSETTING tag and a bit of conditional logic.

That said, you should not of course have debugging enabled in production as it will significantly degrade performance - whether users see the debug output or not.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your solution.  That should work just fine.  This is on a development server, and we have debugging disabled on production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation