• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

check player setting?

Guru ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible to check a Player setting via AS?  I want to see if Peer-to-Peer as been allowed or not by the user for my domain, is this possible?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2012 Feb 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the capabilities class to see if it has what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 10, 2012 Feb 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it doesn't.  What I'm looking for is a way to see if the client has allowed Peer-to-Peer before I call NetGroup() so that if the client has not allowed access I can forgo the call so the warning popup doesn't show up.  If you're thinking, why?  domain.com/app uses peer to peer, and clients have to allow access - that's cool.  On domain.com I want to load a quick utility SWF to check if while client was at domain.com/app they allowed peer to peer, then I can trigger some actions based on if they did or didn't..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check the netstatusevent of your netgroup.  it should record if the connection was rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I was hoping to avoid that all together.  domain.com is a website, and domain.com/app is an App.  I don't really want to show the Flash Player Peer to Peer Warning window on top of the website, that's why I'm trying to check the setting before that happens so I can forgo the call to NetGroup all together if they haven't already allowed peer to peer while in the App..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't know any way to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines