Skip navigation
Gregory97
Currently Being Moderated

Tag people with XMP ?

Feb 10, 2012 3:23 PM

Tags: #xmp #tag #feature #people

Hi,

I don't know if it's the good place to ask for that.

I would like to know if a feature to tag people on a picture is provided in XMP ? I mean something like Facebook does. You point someone with your cursor, enter his name to identify him. Then when the tagging is done, when the mouse is over that person, you get an arrow with his name below (see my example as joined piece).

XMP could be able to stock the X and Y axes where the faces of the people are on the picture and make a connection between that point and a "label" (the name of the person).

Is it something planned for it in XMP ? Or may I do a feature request somewhere ?

It's a really useful feature that everyone could use. Social networks could also use those embeded informations to tag people automatically. Personnaly, I need it to tag people on my personnal photos library.

Thank you for your help.

Gregory.

l-outil-d-identification-des-photos-sur-facebook-au-coeur-d-un-bras-de-fer-entre-le-reseau-social-et.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 12, 2012 8:39 AM   in reply to Gregory97

Hi Gregory,

please see the latest Metadata Working Group (MWG) specification. It includes a guidance on how image regions should be stored - leveraging XMP:

http://www.metadataworkinggroup.org/specs/

I think, for example Google Picasa is using it in its latest version for recognized faces.

Frank Biederich

Adobe Systems

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points