• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version of illustrator won't finish installing...

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2012 Feb 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial version of Illustrator won't finish installing -an error message tells me to close Bridge CS5 but it's not running!  What do I do-I need this for school.  ( All the folders installed but the program itself won't finish installing).  I went to setup exe and did a re-try but got the same message. Need help ASAP !  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Hi Adriane,

I believe this is a duplicate thread for the issue you have posted in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961889?tstart=0.

As per our conversation earlier today, the issue you were facing has been resolved.

Please let us know in case of further issues with the Illustrator trial.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2012 Feb 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an error message tells me to close Bridge CS5 but it's not running!

Yes, it is. Check your task manager and terminate the process.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you are saying but when I go to the menu what do I do?  Highlight it and then click end process?  When I go to applications the only thing that shows running is the AI assistant and task manager.  When I do the end process thing a warning message comes up telling me that I could damage something.  Are you sure about this?  My photoshop is a purchased product.  This is just a trial of illustrator.  Please advise asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also should the download take 4 hours before the final install?  People I have talked to say they never heard of any trial taking 4 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four hours sounds like a long time, but it really depends on the size of the file you're downloading and the type of connection you're using. Here are some guidelines to help give you a sense of what's expected:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/915/cpsid_91596.html#main_How_long_does_it_take_to_download_a_product_

You might also try disabling startup items, and then restarting your computer and trying the download again to make sure that no programs are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a doc which guides you how to close the background process for Bridge which is still running:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/926/cpsid_92664.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adriane,

I believe this is a duplicate thread for the issue you have posted in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961889?tstart=0.

As per our conversation earlier today, the issue you were facing has been resolved.

Please let us know in case of further issues with the Illustrator trial.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines